DMR PD southwest cuyahoga

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
I have been catching PD traffic on 452.6500 DCC 5 TG 16777215 RID 10001

The addresses have been in the strongsville, middleburg, berea area maybe a southwest dispatch center?

The signal is a little weak for me if anyone can pinpoint better and submit.

OHIOSCAN

Parked on for awhile
452.650 DMR DCC:5
TG 16777215 RID; 10001

Hearing LEO & FD almost sounds like there simulcasting a system
I have logged this freq in the past SITE 182-1 CON+

Bagley Rd heard
Station 1 callout
Numerous PD calls

UNIT 7115
UNIT 7116
UNIT 7134
UNIT 7152
UNIT 7155
UNIT 7174

Last edited:

OHIOSCAN

This sounds like strongsville, pretty sure there 71xx units and 2 of the streets mentioned are in Strongsville

Also every call is Slot 2

Last edited:

budevans

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Bud,

Thanks but neither of these are even close to the simulcast traffic being heard. As with some of the frequencies I have been finding the license search does not always point you in the correct location. This is the first place I look for identification. I have many analog frequencies in the downtown area as examples. This is someone simulcasting what sounds like strongsville PD traffic. I cannot pick up the signal in the downtown area at all and barely where I am in lorain.

SCPD

QRT
Strongsville is on GCRCN and PD is encrypted. If you are hearing PD traffic in the clear I don't know what it's simulcasting.

SCPD

QRT
I'm parked on GCRCN TG 56258 and seeing PD RIDs (of course hearing nothing). Should be able to listen to that and the 452.65 and see if they coincide.

SCPD

QRT
Dispatch and a unit were on MARCS just a minute ago and there were a couple of bursts on 452.65 but not continuous.

Well now they were simultaneous!

Daleb49

Premium Subscriber
I heard calls last night that were definitely Strongsville on 452.6500 DMR
Reference to an address on Northwood Trail ans another reference to Albion Road.
They are using 71 #'s to call the officers and the officers are calling in using 71 #'s.
Strange to hear them in the clear.

SCPD

QRT
There is a lot going on on 452.65 besides simulcasting PD and FD dispatch. I think my BCD996P2 has all the known S'ville TGs and I don't see them coming up or any correlation.

Also I don't have DMR capability - I'm just monitoring 452.65 on an analog HT.

budevans

Well, this is a weird one.

As Burrhead54 pointed out, Strongsville PD is encrypted. So some form of a patch would have to be setup between the GCRCN system and the CON + system.
Bagley Road runs through Middleburgh Hts., Berea and Olmsted Falls. I'm not seeing it in Strongsville.

452.6500 is licensed to two entities in Cuyahoga County, North Royalton Schools (which is right next to Strongsville) and the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland. It's rare for the FCC to allow a frequency to be used by more than one entity in a county.

According to reports it's a CON + system. Which is usually a multi user, multi frequency, high power commercial setup. Hearing any other DMR for that system?

Just curious. Did you check Medina, Lorain and Summit for CON + systems or 452.6500?

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
The simulcast traffic is not a con+ system. I believe ohioscan had mentioned that in the past he had logged it as con+. When I can receive the signal it is just a conventional DMR. Also no one has yet mentioned but all the traffic is on slot2.

budevans

The simulcast traffic is not a con+ system. I believe ohioscan had mentioned that in the past he had logged it as con+. When I can receive the signal it is just a conventional DMR. Also no one has yet mentioned but all the traffic is on slot2.

OHIOSCAN did mention slot 2 in one of his posts, thanks for the reminder. Along those lines. I saw the post from Daleb49, who is close to where I live. So, I just did a dual setup on my TRX-1. One as Conventional, the other as a Trunk and Any Slot (wildcard for slots).

Hopefully, I'll get some hits.

OHIOSCAN

OHIOSCAN did mention slot 2 in one of his posts, thanks for the reminder. Along those lines. I saw the post from Daleb49, who is close to where I live. So, I just did a dual setup on my TRX-1. One as Conventional, the other as a Trunk and Any Slot (wildcard for slots).

Hopefully, I'll get some hits.

Still going strong tonight DSD+ all transmissions are Slot 2,

Con+ log I had was the 452.650 freq on system 182-1 as voice freq completely separate activity, not SPD

Attachments

• SPD.jpg
    SPD.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 290

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Vasu Communications has a DMR license that, according to FCC license, is in Sandusky / Erie Co. I know that two of you that are listening are just one county away over in Lorain. I'd wonder if that is what you are hearing. However, I can't imagine why they would be rebroadcasting anything from Cuyahoga Co, or under what authority they would be doing it.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
I saw that too but the signal is very strong in SW Cuyahoga county and especially in Strongsville.
I have a suspicion it may be North Coast.

budevans

Rgr that on North Coast.

Mike

I doubt that it's North Coast. Unless they have a tower not listed in the RR Database.

I've been trying to monitor 452.6500 on and off all day today. I don't get any signal. I'm located just a quarter mile south of Cleveland's (GCRCN) Schaaf Road tower.

North coast has two DMR sites listed in the RR Database. Public Square and Warrensville. I'm roughly 5 miles from Public Square and 6 miles to Warrensville. I get those North Coast sites 4 to 5 bars on my TRX-1.

Per reports, the signal seems to be coming from the West to Southwest part of Cuyahoga County or a surrounding county.

budevans

Vasu Communications has a DMR license that, according to FCC license, is in Sandusky / Erie Co. I know that two of you that are listening are just one county away over in Lorain. I'd wonder if that is what you are hearing. However, I can't imagine why they would be rebroadcasting anything from Cuyahoga Co, or under what authority they would be doing it.

Mike

Regarding Vasu, they are located in Northern Lorain County. I was just at their place for a luncheon a couple of weeks ago. They have DMR clients in several counties including Medina and Lorain. Their parking lot was full of PD vehicles. Some of the officers Walkies were DMR radio's.

One additional comment. Strongsville PD has been encrypted for years. When they moved to the GCRCN system they were the first to go fully encrypted. With North Royalton and Middleburg following suit. I'm just wondering if this is a test patch for a possible mutual aid setup with a department or departments in a neighboring county. Most likely Medina or Lorain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.