DMR Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4ZXT

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone give me advise or tell me how to program this. It's a single frequency DMR system, but programming it as DMR One Freq doesn't work.

151.790 CC 13 Slot 1 TG 1

I have it programmed into a DMR handheld and it works fine, but when programmed into the scanner, it never picks anything up.

If I just hold the scanner on 151.790 it will make digital noise for .5-2 seconds and then start decoding audio and show me all the DMR details.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone give me advise or tell me how to program this. It's a single frequency DMR system, but programming it as DMR One Freq doesn't work.

151.790 CC 13 Slot 1 TG 1

I have it programmed into a DMR handheld and it works fine, but when programmed into the scanner, it never picks anything up.

If I just hold the scanner on 151.790 it will make digital noise for .5-2 seconds and then start decoding audio and show me all the DMR details.
The One Frequency Trunked system should work, if set up correctly.
I don't see the slot, color code, and talkgroup information on your county's page in the database.

Try the attached file. Unzip it into an *.hpe file, then use Sentinel to import it into whichever Favorites list you want. I left the Color Code as Search, so that you can verify if correct. Also, the test file has ID Search active, in case an additional TGID, other than 1 is in use. I did not enter a specific slot. In my area, single frequency DMR frequencies do not always use Slot 1 (or Slot 2) all the time. The transmission could be on either.

For your current file, you created it manually, not appending from the main database?

If manually created, are you using Location Control on that list? Did you include the latitude/longitude information? If not, blank latitude and longitude settings, 0 for each, are in the Atlantic Ocean, off the west coast of Africa.

Also, make sure that you have the service type, Utilities, enabled in your profile. (If using something other than Utilities, make sure whatever you used is enabled.) When shipped, and Sentinel is first installed, a limited number of Service Types are enabled, including Dispatch for Public Safety (Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, etc). Also enable that Tac and Talk types- Law Talk, Fire Tac, EMS Tac, Multi Tac, etc.

Attachments

• Rockwood Electric.zip
    558 bytes · Views: 15

K4ZXT

Premium Subscriber
The One Frequency Trunked system should work, if set up correctly.
I don't see the slot, color code, and talkgroup information on your county's page in the database.

Try the attached file. Unzip it into an *.hpe file, then use Sentinel to import it into whichever Favorites list you want. I left the Color Code as Search, so that you can verify if correct. Also, the test file has ID Search active, in case an additional TGID, other than 1 is in use. I did not enter a specific slot. In my area, single frequency DMR frequencies do not always use Slot 1 (or Slot 2) all the time. The transmission could be on either.

For your current file, you created it manually, not appending from the main database?

If manually created, are you using Location Control on that list? Did you include the latitude/longitude information? If not, blank latitude and longitude settings, 0 for each, are in the Atlantic Ocean, off the west coast of Africa.

Also, make sure that you have the service type, Utilities, enabled in your profile. (If using something other than Utilities, make sure whatever you used is enabled.) When shipped, and Sentinel is first installed, a limited number of Service Types are enabled, including Dispatch for Public Safety (Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, etc). Also enable that Tac and Talk types- Law Talk, Fire Tac, EMS Tac, Multi Tac, etc.

Thanks for the reply. That seems to be the way I had it set up, but I've imported the file you provided and I'll try it again.

K4ZXT

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to bring this old thread back from the past... but I'm still having issues with this. The above details are still working on a DMR handheld but the SDS100 still is not decoding anything. Since the prior posts, I've successfully programmed in an amateur simplex for DMR and had the SDS100 decode it successfully.

However, I copied that same programming as well as the one from the file above and still can't decode the electric utility. What I notice is that the scanner shows "DMRT3" where it normally displays "DMR" or "CAP+".

I know that's teir 3, but what special programming steps do I need to do to get this to work?

Ubbe

You will need to have the LCN correctly set. If it's only one frequency in use then program as MotoTrbo and run LCN Finder on it to find the LCN for that frequency. Usually there's an additional frequency or two that you'll need to find and include in the system and then run the LCN Finder.
You'll will know it there are other frequencies on that site when you have the LCN for that frequency you know now but it still doesn't work.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.