BCD436HP/BCD536HP: DMR Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsouza12

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I have a BCD436HP that I program using Uniden Sentinal.
I am trying to learn how to program DMR.
I purchased all the available scanner upgrades ProVoice, DMR, and NXDN
Would someone show me how to program the following?

Firefly Music Festival (2022)

System Name: Firefly Music Festival (2022)
County: Kent
System Type: DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Single Site (TRBO)
System Voice: DMR
Unique DB ID: 21946

System Notes

451.1875 - Color Code 4
451.2375 - Color Code 5
451.2875 - Color Code 6
451.4375 - Color Code 7
451.5625 - Color Code 8
451.6625 - Color Code 9

Site:001 (1)
Name:Confirmed LCN
Freqs:01 451.1875 03 451.2375 05 451.2875 07 451.4375 09 451.5625 11 451.6625

If you can create the favorite list program for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
The golf tournament in Cromwell this week is also using a cap plus system and there’s one post that says the scanners don’t pick up cap + all that well… better to just program in the frequencies. I haven’t tried it. There is also a UTube video that explains how to program a cap + system that I ran into when searching cap +. It’s a bit involved but the scanner you have should be able to program any cap + system provided it’s not encrypted. Sorry I cant be of more help. There should be others who can better guide you popping up here.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Incorrect - the Whistler scanners don't trunktrack DMR, but the Unidens can. However, Uniden has been less than forthcoming about how to properly program a DMR system (Hey @JoeBearcat why don't you guys publish all the steps do this?) so I have been accumulating all the known threads in our wiki on this subject...

From everything I've been reading, you must program a Cap system the way you would an EDACS or LTR system - in LCN order. It seems you have that already. It looks like it already exists in our database - have you confirmed that the programming is in the correct order? Did you look at the site listing and go down to the bottom to see what the order should be, as mentioned above?

Mike

Last edited:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
“Incorrect”? What’s incorrect? Is it the make of the scanner? The OP stated it was a Uniden BCD436HP. Where’d you get Whistler from?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The statement that the Unidens don't pick up Cap systems that well is not correct. I was trying - not well, obviously - to draw a comparison against Whistler scanners that can't do it at all. I think you might have been thinking about Hytera DMR trunks, which are not handled very well. Uniden needs to do more work on these.

The programming is a bit tricky, to be sure, but it can be done

Mike

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Mike,

I was not expressing my opinion on the ability of Uniden scanners receiving CAP+. I have no opinion because I have no experience programming CAP+ systems. I was simply passing on what I had read in another thread concerning CAP+ systems and Uniden scanners and thought that might help the OP.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Mike,

I was not expressing my opinion on the ability of Uniden scanners receiving CAP+. I have no opinion because I have no experience programming CAP+ systems. I was simply passing on what I had read in another thread concerning CAP+ systems and Uniden scanners and thought that might help the OP.
I read that thread, too, you're referring to, and whoever wrote that doesn't understand Cap+. I have a SDS200 and 996p2 that track Cap+ well.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
@ka3jjz I don't understand your repeated complaints about programming Cap+ systems. Very similar to programming LTR. Add a frequency, set LCN. Add talkgroups. Done.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
To the OP,

I don't use Sentinal, so I can't help you with a Favorites list. However, you need to create a Favorites list in Sentinal. Create a system. Add a 'site' and a 'department' to the system. Frequencies go under 'sites'. Don't forget to add the LCN for each frequency. Talkgroups are added to 'department'.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
FYI, the license for the above Cap+ system is expired. I couldn't find a replacement. Could be the event is using a different vendor.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
FYI, the license for the above Cap+ system is expired. I couldn't find a replacement. Could be the event is using a different vendor.
It was explained the license for the Travelers golf tournament was applied for using an identical application for a different event, as they were very similar, but with dates preceding Travelers. They forgot to change the event dates. But that usually isn’t a problem if the application was submitted before the dates listed. A license is issued and if the incorrect dates are noticed and the licensing authority is notified, they would amend the application on the fly. I bet in this case nobody noticed the incorrect dates, the event went off with everyone none the wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.