DMR Programming on BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I am ecstatic to now have loaded the new updates to my BCD996P2 for both ProVoice and DMR/TRBO. However, I am somewhat at a roadblock in knowing how to correctly program the scanner for a DMR system. I realize there are different types of systems but UpMan's instructions on the website say to program the frequencies and make sure you "...input the correct LCN for each". I think he assumes that we all know how to determine the LCN. So, my questions are, for a ConnectPlus system:

1. How do I select all the correct frequencies (and no more)?
2. How do I determine the LCN? Can I look at the FCC License website and tell by the license LOCATIONS?
3. Do I input ALL frequencies listed?
4. Is it best to set the system on SCAN or SEARCH?

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't think any of your questions are unique to the 996P2 so you may find better answers in other threads for Uniden 536.
1. you program them as a DMR trunked system.
2. You need to know it so you research via database here or other radio sites or groups. I would imagine the 996P2 has some kind of DMR info in the search mode as well. Also, you could post the system you want to monitor and perhaps someone would have it already figured out.
3. if you mean listed in the FCC database, best answer is "it depends". You need to separate out different locations, find all licenses at a site (some companies can have several licenses for a single trunked site), ensure you use the repeater output freqs, etc
4. All depends on if you know the talkgroup IDs already and if you are interested in what elese might be on the system.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.