DMR programming question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just picked up a 325 today and I'm trying to wrap my head around the best way to setup some DMR stuff. I'm coming from the Whistler world where I find the object oriented scanning much easier to work with than the system/group aspect (especially for conventional DMR). So here's what I've got... One site that I want to monitor is a local university. They have 2 conventional DMR channels (one uses both timeslots, the other just uses one) and also a Capacity Plus system. Now from what I'm seeing I need to setup 3 systems... 1 each for the conventional channels and one for the Cap+ system. In theory I should be able to put all 3 under the same system key (1 for arguments sake) then break up the talkgroups with group keys, no? Ideally I'd throw all the trunked talkgroups under 1 group key then the conventional groups under a 2nd. Make sense? I've programmed it that way just now but unfortunately I'm out of range of the system from here at home so I can't try it out until tomorrow. In the Whistler world there is no need for the one frequency trunk stuff so this is way more involved....

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Just picked up a 325 today and I'm trying to wrap my head around the best way to setup some DMR stuff. I'm coming from the Whistler world where I find the object oriented scanning much easier to work with than the system/group aspect (especially for conventional DMR). So here's what I've got... One site that I want to monitor is a local university. They have 2 conventional DMR channels (one uses both timeslots, the other just uses one) and also a Capacity Plus system. Now from what I'm seeing I need to setup 3 systems... 1 each for the conventional channels and one for the Cap+ system. In theory I should be able to put all 3 under the same system key (1 for arguments sake) then break up the talkgroups with group keys, no? Ideally I'd throw all the trunked talkgroups under 1 group key then the conventional groups under a 2nd. Make sense? I've programmed it that way just now but unfortunately I'm out of range of the system from here at home so I can't try it out until tomorrow. In the Whistler world there is no need for the one frequency trunk stuff so this is way more involved....
Yeah I don't understand why uniden so over complicates things with single freq trunk systems. It kind of seems like a oxy moron. Conventional is conventional and trunked is trunked but not in uniden land. If you want to see any of the user ID or talk group info you will have to program it in as a single freq trs. But if that stuff doesn't matter to you you can just program it in as a regular conventional channel and set the color codes and time slots and be good to go. This should all be to be achieved using Butel ARC-XT I don't think free scan supports DMR yet.

Hope this helps,
Bob

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

GM

Premium Subscriber
I also have a DMR related question, but with DMR simplex mode. I'm using ARC-XT to program my 325P2 as well. I've figured out how to program and receive properly a conventional channel that uses a repeater, but when it comes to simplex, no dice. I have all of the configurations programmed correctly (color code, time slot, talkgroup #) but have yet to hear any simplex comms. I have a local business in my area that uses DMR simplex, and have yet to hear it on my 325P2, yet I hear it on my Pro 668 modified for DMR with ease. Any suggestions for receiving DMR simplex on the 325P2?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I have some simplex channels in my TRBO radio. I'll play a little over the weekend and see what I can find out.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
You could try playing with the DMR Thresh hold I haven't done very much with DMR settings I plan on moving into that part of my radios programming this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.