• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DMR Question for G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

minasha

I am programming my G5 with some DMR channels. I don't know all the Color codes to the channels. in PPS it has a setting for "DMR color code" from 0 - 15.
What number should I set it to in order to receive any or all Color codes?

blackbelter

I have not been able to listen to any DMR on my DMR upgraded G5. Apparently Unication only Works on conventional DMR systems. I can recall notations on future upgrades which would enable the pager to receive other DMR systems . I would think that DMR Systems would sound awesome on Unication .

blackbelter

Did you program both BM and MO twice or all 4 with ID? Also in conventional tan ?
Thanks

JASII

Memory Capacity
...I don't know all the Color codes to the channels. in PPS it has a setting for "DMR color code" from 0 - 15. What number should I set it to in order to receive any or all Color codes?

You will need to use the correct DMR Color Code. Color Code 0 is not a Wildcard. If nothing else, program in 16 channels, each with a different Color Code.

blackbelter

I meant to ask If you programmed the base and mobile separately twice for each talk group in the conventional tab ?

Hit_Factor

Just the transmit freqs of the base(s). Talkgroups are tab D5, defined the TGs I know and added 16776415 as DMR Wildcard.

Assigned the transmit freqs s to a knob position DMR, Protocol Alias 1 (Time Slot), CC number
Assigned a knob Normal Scan, added the transmit freqs list members.

minasha

Just the transmit freqs of the base(s). Talkgroups are tab D5, defined the TGs I know and added 16776415 as DMR Wildcard.

Assigned the transmit freqs s to a knob position DMR, Protocol Alias 1 (Time Slot), CC number
Assigned a knob Normal Scan, added the transmit freqs list members.
If I know the CC and Slot but don't know the TG will the 16776415 work?

Status
Not open for further replies.