DMR questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmi8dy

on a DMR radio system, are there any rules governing maximum or minimum transmission power and any restrictions governing frequency bands or specific frequencies inside the public service and business allocations. please list if possible or point the way where i can find the answers . thanks

i hope this is the forum to post this query, if it is not, please move to the correct forum.

n1das

on a DMR radio system, are there any rules governing maximum or minimum transmission power and any restrictions governing frequency bands or specific frequencies inside the public service and business allocations. please list if possible or point the way where i can find the answers . thanks

i hope this is the forum to post this query, if it is not, please move to the correct forum.

Yes.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

FCC regulations, and the license of the system owner.

Sent via Tapatalk

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
There are numerous regulations (pages and pages and pages) regarding frequency, power output, modulation type, antenna height, etc. Perhaps if you gave us some specific information, we could better help you.

John AC4JK

nd5y

kmi8dy

thanks for the info guys. i did forget to say that i was interested in base radio maximum power output in any modulation type. antenna height, ect. because it would be the transmission that could be picked up with a scanner from a longer distance away.

Last edited:

RFI-EMI-GUY

Well, that is Part 90. DMR is allowed in 95 and 97, too (at least, maybe more).

Then, it depends on if it is hand held, mobile, or base.
DMR in CFR47, Part 95?

That's news to me.

The FCC pretty much shut that down in the recent rule making.

It would be a nice digital option.

Otherwise wideband (THE GOOD STUFF: +/- 5 KHZ deviation!) is the best way to go for GMRS.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

thanks for the info guys. i did forget to say that i was interested in base radio maximum power output in any modulation type. antenna height, ect. because it would be the transmission that could be picked up with a scanner from a longer distance away.
If you look up the license for the entity that you are scanning, the license will indicate those parameters. In most cases the effective radiated power, (ERP) will be the result of the actual repeater used and the loss and gains resulting from the actual cable and antenna being used. So the license coordination might indicate one value, but in practice, it may be something far less.

DMR is an ETSI standard, but US FCC regulations better describe the parameters you seek.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.