DMR Scan is stopped at a freq.? Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guruuno

I am sorry the sysop felt the "thread has run it's course" from my previous postings, however, I do have more questions, so I suppose this will be a new thread.

I had taken the listing for my area and programmed the scanner.
Some are DMR, P25, etc., and I've been running the scanner with Proscan with history logging for about 4 days and today it is stopped (the scanner) on "Close Call" 464.1875Mhz NFN Color Code 3 and changes to Color Code 4 while the word Color Code flashes between the 2 numbers along with the top signal strength bar indicator pulsing/flashing with the word Slot 2 and slot 1 also pulsing.
I have not been able to locate any specific references to what actually all of this means, and apologies to those pundits who think I should read and Google, I have, and have not found what all of these mean or reference without stringing together individual discussion and threads and then try to make assumptions.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I am sorry the sysop felt the "thread has run it's course" from my previous postings, however, I do have more questions, so I suppose this will be a new thread.

I had taken the listing for my area and programmed the scanner.
Some are DMR, P25, etc., and I've been running the scanner with Proscan with history logging for about 4 days and today it is stopped (the scanner) on "Close Call" 464.1875Mhz NFN Color Code 3 and changes to Color Code 4 while the word Color Code flashes between the 2 numbers along with the top signal strength bar indicator pulsing/flashing with the word Slot 2 and slot 1 also pulsing.
I have not been able to locate any specific references to what actually all of this means, and apologies to those pundits who think I should read and Google, I have, and have not found what all of these mean or reference without stringing together individual discussion and threads and then try to make assumptions.
OK so the easiest way to explain it is like this. If you got a close call hit you are probably using one of the new uniden scanner ( either hp or P2 series ). So that kind of tells me what radio you are using although that info would be helpful. Second for some reason the Unidens don't decode DMR mode signals when they hit on close call for some reason. Just a quirk with the radio I guess I have experienced it on my scanners personally. But that is a documented fact in another thread here on radio reference. So first step save the close call hit to a favorites list or quick key and you should do start hearing the audio or seeing the control channel data which ever is being transmitted. The NFM is the mode it's using Narrow FM the color codes are kind of like the equivalent of a NAC code on p25 but made for DMR there is a limited number of choice though. I think there are 15 or 16 color codes. I'm not very active or familiar with DMR to be sure. The slot 1 and 2 are seeing displayed are the time slots on that frequency if you are seeing both active it's probably a single site trunk system or a very busy b DMR channel but as I said you have to actually program the frequency into the scanner by either saving it as a channel or searching it out using a limit search to get the data or voice to decode so you can ID who is using the channel.

Hope this helps,
Bob

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I have not been able to locate any specific references to what actually all of this means

All the info you need about DMR is out there.

apologies to those pundits who think I should read and Google
RSSI: Simply dropping the letters into google will return:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...el-418&usg=AFQjCNHtG5mq1hiFVtcLQeArlmUd7Ng7vA

The FIRST return. the first 4 or 5 returns on google are all relevant to RSSI in terms of Receive Signal Strength Indication

Color Code:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...io.pdf&usg=AFQjCNG6H5mOZfqCh0IZk-6jvzBpqJ2YeA

While amateur specific hit, it explains what color code is, in terms of DMR.

RID:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...mr.php&usg=AFQjCNH8Et9fjo_YO-AT8KtRJ1sogLIeGQ

Another amateur radio specific hit, but it explains what RID means.

Time slot:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...q.html&usg=AFQjCNFGVj2BQMDwuwBynft9F7XuBvWL0w

Decent explanation of time slots in respect to DMR.

I have, and have not found what all of these mean or reference without stringing together individual discussion and threads and then try to make assumptions.

No, you have not. People have tried to help you, but you have put forth ZERO effort.Modern scanners are complicated due to the simple fact that modern communications systems are complex.

You need to put forth some effort, and attempt to take the information out there and apply it to your specific situation. All you have done is 'I cant be bothered to learn, please do everything for me' and folks tire pretty quickly when someone refuses to put forth any effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.