DMR : see call and all data on your display ! GREAT !

Status
Not open for further replies.

IW2BSF

i think you say that with the AMAZING tool by Travis the MD380TOOLS you can see on

the display fo your radios dmr ( Retevis Rt3 and Rt8 and TYT MD380 and MD390 )

all the data of the ham-radio that you call or heard on air !

This tools update all the over 50.000 calls and data in all the world ... amazing !

The big problem, is that tools used a sistro by Linux very hard for some ham-radio.....

NOW, i create a very very simply GUIDE i teach step-by-step to install and update

your radio with this TOOLs but NEVER installed linux on your computer....

i installed and use all in a normal ubs memory key.... great idea ! none on your computer !!!

SORRY, nut my guide is in italian language, but you can use google translate , hi :)

best 73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

you can received my free guide send a message to me , here:

https://rodolfo-parisio.jimdo.com/nuovi-articoli-2016-17/

here a photo , after you can installed the MD380Tools on your radio display :

Attachments

• tolls.jpeg
    tolls.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 1,315

IW2BSF

NOTE : this amazing feature the MD380tools and the possibility is only on this china radios
(Retevis and TYT Tytera ) but NOT possibile into the high cost radio like Motorola or Hytera !!!!

wqtz773

Well, yeah, the "caller id" also works on my Connect System CS800. Just make sure that you put the calls that you are interested in seeing in your call directory. If the MOTOTRBO has that file in it, you can do it there also.73! de WA8LGM John 3139510 CUL ON WW.

For example:

to enter w8xyz's dmr in formation, given Call w8xyz, name John, DMR ID 1234567
1. go into your contact list
2. go to the bottom of the list
3. click the "Add" radio button
4. go to the added space
5. type in W8XYZ John (hit enter)
6. go to call type and click "Private"
7. go to the number slot and
8. Enter the DMR ID "1234567"
9. hit enter.
10. You did it!!!!

with that, you have saved W8XYZs information in the Contacts list so that the next time you talk to W8XYZ his call and name will show up on
your radio screen.

Its that simple. Good luck. 73

Last edited:

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Well, yeah, the "caller id" also works on my Connect System CS800. Just make sure that you put the calls that you are interested in seeing in your call directory. If the MOTOTRBO has that file in it, you can do it there also.73! de WA8LGM John 3139510 CUL ON WW.
The point being made is that unlike MotoTRBO and CS, this experimental firmware will load the entire user ID .csv file into a separate file, and does not get placed in the "Contact List" at all...

That being said, I still refuse to risk bricking my radio by using unofficial firmware. After all, what are the odds I'm ever going to have a QSO with Vlad in Slovakia anyway? :lol:

wqtz773

Well, you only do that if you want to, you don't have to. I did this for those that might want to do it.
Besides, I am only writing this from my personal experience and my own personal successful programming.

Last edited:

wqtz773

Having to agree with you on the MD-380 "improvement"

The point being made is that unlike MotoTRBO and CS, this experimental firmware will load the entire user ID .csv file into a separate file, and does not get placed in the "Contact List" at all...
That being said, I still refuse to risk bricking my radio by using unofficial firmware. After all, what are the odds I'm ever going to have a QSO with Vlad in Slovakia anyway? :lol:

FYI: I really think that the MD-380/390 radios are pretty good little entry level radios, too. But I replaced the duck-style antennas that came with it to
a Smiley Antennas, http://www.smileyantenna.com/, 3/8 wave HT antenna which works a lot better than the original antenna that came with the radio. It was definitely worth the expense.

That was the problem I had with my MD-380. The experimental software that I used (improved download? NOT!) for that radio was experimental and it DID load my caller info into a *.csv file which I thought was rather perturbing because it shows a message which "informs" me that the ID Number is not in my *.csv file.

That particular software program for the MD-380 was nowhere as good as the original firmware for the radio. The only advantage that I saw, if there was one, to it was the semi-useless VU meter that it installed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.