DMR SET UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
If I have Receive/Send frequencies, color code, and Talk Group, what else do I need to set up Digital DMR station?
for scanner I have the Uniden SDS200 with DMR installed. Thank You for your time.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If I have Receive/Send frequencies, color code, and Talk Group, what else do I need to set up Digital DMR station?
for scanner I have the Uniden SDS200 with DMR installed. Thank You for your time.
Is your DMR frequency of interest part of a trunked system? Or is it stand-alone, not part of a system?

llwade

Premium Subscriber
R.R. is still calling the system "conventional". Digital Frequency Search still not recognizing the digital frequencies. System has been active since July. I have all the data the system is using, but just don't know how to put it all together. (Freq - Color Code - IDTG) So Disappointing!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
R.R. is still calling the system "conventional". Digital Frequency Search still not recognizing the digital frequencies. System has been active since July. I have all the data the system is using, but just don't know how to put it all together. (Freq - Color Code - IDTG) So Disappointing!
What system, or frequency, are you trying to program?

tvengr

Well Known Member
If that is the Illinois Valley Central School District 321, the FCC database shows that 452.725 is still only licensed for FMN, not DMR, but that is no guarantee they are not using DMR. However, a second frequency, 451.450, is licensed for both FMN and DMR.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
att: tvengr..... I drive a bus for I.V.C. My information is from the man who installed the radios. The main frequency the buses are using is 452.725/457.725. It is digital / DMR. Our Lisc. does allow for other frequencies, but the bus is only using 452.725/457.725 at this time. The Lisc list I.V.C. as having TWO sites, but the Mossville site is only operating as another "bus" , at this time. Do you know how I can set this system up as digital?

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I did not know setting up a new digital system was going to be this difficult. I am a listener / not a programmer. I am getting up there in years now and was hoping someone might be able to give me simple step by step instructions to getting the job done. I tried going to a "boy and a Scanner on You Tube, but he just talks to fast for me. Maybe some things are just not that simple. Oh, to be young again. Have a great day my friends.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Are you programming the scanner manually or using Sentinel? Did the person who installed the radios give you any color code, talkgroup, or slot information?

Last edited:

Ubbe

You only need the transmit frequency of the tower and the TG number.

Create a new system, either first create a new Favorite list or use an existing one, and click on the green cross to create a new system. Choose the system type as DMR One Frequency and then click on that system in the left pane. Create a Department and Create a Channel in that Department. There you write the TG info.

Then click on the system again in the left pane and then on Sites in the right pane. Create a Site and then click on it in the left pane and then back at the right pane again and add a Frequency where you enter your frequency. You can enter both to see which one are working

It's a lot of going back and forth between left and right pane which can be a bit confusing the first time you program a system.

You can adjust the TG's delay if it starts to scan too soon and add text tags and quick keys so that you easily can enable and disable the system.

/Ubbe

llwade

Premium Subscriber
thank you, that sure sounds doable and quite simple. I will get back with you and tell you if I hear chatter. got my fingers crossed. thank you againfor taking the time to get me thru this

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Ubbe, Thank You so much. I am now able to hear the buses again. You made it so simple. I did what you said and it worked the first time. I had all but given up. Have a great day and thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.