DMR simplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

trauts14

I know nothing about digital radios. Assuming I have 2 of the same DMR radios, amd both have simplex mode, can I use DMR to talk simplex to the other radio that is 100 feet away for example. Does DMR require a repeater to make the 2 radios play nice together?

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
You'll need to ensure they are both set to matching color codes, time slots, and talk group. That scheme seems to vary by group, region, et.. But as an example, 441.0 or 145.67, TG99, CC1, TS1. Some groups are now using AllCall instead of TG99.

I have successfully used DMR simplex over 80 miles. Sounds the same as 80 feet.

N4KVE

Yesterday, a bunch of friends, & I went to a hamfest 150 miles from home. All the guys just used the output freq of our local repeater, by pushing the T/A button. It worked great.

aaron315

You'll need to ensure they are both set to matching color codes, time slots, and talk group. That scheme seems to vary by group, region, et.. But as an example, 441.0 or 145.67, TG99, CC1, TS1. Some groups are now using AllCall instead of TG99.

I have successfully used DMR simplex over 80 miles. Sounds the same as 80 feet.

Simplex configuration does not use time slots. Freq, Color Code and Talk Group or Contact IDs need to be the same.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Simplex configuration does not use time slots.

Wrong. Some radios (TYT) ignore the time slot flag in simplex mode, but others (Motorola) not only honor the time slot setting, but allow 2 simultaneous conversations on a simplex frequency in opposite timeslots.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Wrong. Some radios (TYT) ignore the time slot flag in simplex mode, but others (Motorola) not only honor the time slot setting, but allow 2 simultaneous conversations on a simplex frequency in opposite timeslots.

That's quite correct. My MD-380 will simplex on both time slots. My XPR7550 will communicate with the MD-380, but will receive it on either time slot... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.