DMR Simplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
I have been trying to get my436HP to receive a DMR simplex channel that I have programmed in my DMR Radio, I am lucky if it picks it up 5% of the time I try to test it.

I have tried the tutorial here with no success
https://forums.radioreference.com/u...-program-simplex-channel-no-repeater-dmr.html

Just picked up a Whistler 1098, programmed the same DMR Simplex frequency into it. At first, I was unable to hear it, but after digging deeper, I realized it was set up to receive "Any Talkgroup", I changed that setting to "Any Radio ID" and BAM !!!! The Whistler hasn't missed one of my DMR Simplex tests.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 647

budevans

If I remember correctly, when DMR first became available several users reported a similar issue. It turned out their radio was overloading their scanner. Too much power too close.

You might try low power on your radio (go from 4 watts to 1 watt). Also if possible put some distance between the radio and the scanner. You could also remove the scanners antenna.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
No its a known issue go over to the X46HP wrong tg info on DMR systems thread. The new Beta firmware was said to work better but still has issues with simplex. I don't understand why Uniden can't just follow the open standard for DMR. All of the docs are published and out there why not just acquire the actual receiving specs and build around that. Unidens are pretty hopeless when it comes to DMR I hope they correct this issue soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

racingfan360

I have been trying to get my436HP to receive a DMR simplex channel that I have programmed in my DMR Radio, I am lucky if it picks it up 5% of the time I try to test it.

I have tried the tutorial here with no success
https://forums.radioreference.com/u...-program-simplex-channel-no-repeater-dmr.html

Just picked up a Whistler 1098, programmed the same DMR Simplex frequency into it. At first, I was unable to hear it, but after digging deeper, I realized it was set up to receive "Any Talkgroup", I changed that setting to "Any Radio ID" and BAM !!!! The Whistler hasn't missed one of my DMR Simplex tests.

For best results, I'd recommend the following settings for DMR Simplex decoding:
Modulation FM
100ms wait time
Manual Threshold set at 5 (or below - with ARC536PRO you can trick the threshold to be set at less than 5: Manual 1 or 2 seems best)

But as rbrtklamp2 has already pointed out, don't expect miracles: the '436 is pretty hopeless at DMR simplex, and very poor in comparison with competitor products such as the Whistler.

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
Whistler Only

Well, I just finished a test of DMR Simplex reception on my BCD436HP and my WS-1095.

WARNING>>>>>> This video is 17:09 minutes and boring !!!!

The Uniden dosn't pick up its first DMR simplex transmission until 15:23

I should of named this video "Whistler Only" , try to count how many times I said that in the video !!!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QSWu7FtnPz0

Status
Not open for further replies.