DMR text messages streaming to phone

nimhm

Hey guys.

I’m turning to this forum with hope to possibly find a solution regarding DMR data (especially text messages) stream to smart phone.

For decoding I currently use DSD+ but I want to access text messages when away from computer, over my phone. Is that somehow possible?

Thanks and kind regard.

a417

DMR Tier II & Tier III operate their protocol between 66-960 MHz.

Your cellphone may use a frequency allotment in the top end of that same band, however they are not compatible protocols - and they do vastly different things. If you have hardware that recieves one (like DSD+ decoding DMR) and you have the infrastructure to send it out over the other (like using a streaming software to send it out over a IP based cellular connection to your device) it may work.

I am not currently aware of a point and click software package right now that will take DMR messages in text form and sends them as messages to your phone.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I think what he is asking is if someone has the "infrastructure" you mentioned, much like PDW can forward pages to an email address. I have never seen any such ability.

racingfan360

I assume dsd+ writes text messages to a log file, just that I've never seen them on a dmr system before. If it does you maybe could write a script to scan that log file for known text, copy it then use a tool like blat to email the text to you?

nimhm

Thanks for the heads up. Will probably try to write some kind of the algorithm/action to extract from log file.

Firebuff880

Hey guys.

I’m turning to this forum with hope to possibly find a solution regarding DMR data (especially text messages) stream to smart phone.

For decoding I currently use DSD+ but I want to access text messages when away from computer, over my phone. Is that somehow possible?

Thanks and kind regard.

Where do the text messages originate from other DMR users or an Application ?

Yes, it's possible our SaaS and others can do this type of thing -