Dmr tg 16777215

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi all,

On one particular TRBO Conventional system I monitor, I am routinely seeing talkgroup 16777215 - but only when I start receiving a conversation in the middle of someone talking (i.e. what is called "late entry" in professional radio terms).

I'm curious if this seems like a legit talkgroup or is it a quirk of the scanner, misreading a talkgroup ID during a late entry to a conversation?

W2SJW

Database Admin
That's the 'All Call' TG used on DMR & TETRA systems.

Strange that you're seeing that when coming across an already-active conversation. I've never seen that here in the NJ & NY metro area on the systems I've seen...

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I should have mentioned it involves calls originated by both the dispatcher and the field units (fire trucks and fire officers). That's why I didn't consider the concept of an all call group/ATG, because I wouldn't think you'd give field units the ability to make calls on that, or if you did you wouldn't use it for normal dispatch operations. Then again, this is an agency that bought TRBO in a sea of analog and Motorola/P25 trunking.

Ubbe

It could be a patch to another radiosystem. But then it only makes sense if the DMR system are very small as all users are forced to listen.

/Ubbe

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

On one particular TRBO Conventional system I monitor, I am routinely seeing talkgroup 16777215 - but only when I start receiving a conversation in the middle of someone talking (i.e. what is called "late entry" in professional radio terms).

I'm curious if this seems like a legit talkgroup or is it a quirk of the scanner, misreading a talkgroup ID during a late entry to a conversation?

Seeing this in PA too. Seems to me almost like two different users on the same frequency and same color code. I get 16777215 when the other starts transmitting over the first. At least that's the way it looks to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.