• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DMR TG99 - DMRsimplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
In the documentation that I have read, DMR talk group 99 is listed as DMRsimplex. However, when I program this talk group into DMR simplex channels in my radios, I am not able to talk from radio to radio when a DMR simplex frequency is selected. Is this not the correct use of talk group 99?

John AC4JK

N5AMS

make sure that you have both the input and the output frequency's the same and you have the color codes correct on both radios.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I also think Motorola radios dont like to decode audio if both radios posses the same user id.
Ive heard this mentioned before when guys were testing radios and it didnt work and it was recommended to not use the same Radio ID if the radios are motorola.

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
I also think Motorola radios dont like to decode audio if both radios posses the same user id.
Ive heard this mentioned before when guys were testing radios and it didnt work and it was recommended to not use the same Radio ID if the radios are motorola.

Depends on system and codeplug settings, not the brand of radio.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
if its simplex then its not on a system.
and i have not experienced this my self as each of my radios has unique ID.
But i have heard several other people discuss this on amateur repeaters in Dallas.
So i guess your results may vary.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

You also have to make sure the color code and timeslot are correct.
DMR Simplex Frequencies

73 Eric

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, the parameters in the quoted link are exactly how both UHF radios are set up...

- Four UHF simplex channels
- TX/RX frequencies of each channel are equal (simplex)
- Color code of each channel is 1
- Time slot of each channel is 1
- Talk group of each channel is 99 (DMRsimplex)
- Each radio also has a unique DMR ID programmed.

When attempting to communicate between radios on DMR simplex, there is a signal indication (both LCD meter and green LED), but no audio passes.

If I change the talk group to DMR ALL CALL (16777215), it works. When I change back to DMRsimplex (99), it doesn't.

Several analog simplex channels work fine. Any other thoughts??

John AC4JK

If you are in NC now try talking to KK4FFE on Waynesville local, they setup several radios for DMR Simplex for a recent ARES exercise

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
When attempting to communicate between radios on DMR simplex, there is a signal indication (both LCD meter and green LED), but no audio passes.

If I change the talk group to DMR ALL CALL (16777215), it works. When I change back to DMRsimplex (99), it doesn't.

You have something programmed wrong. Post your RDT file.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
**PROBLEM SOLVED**

As mentioned in my original post, I had set the programming for the four DMR simplex frequencies to talkgroup 99, but I could not get the radios to talk to each other. I've been fooling with the settings off and on for a few days, checking and double-checking each of the necessary channel parameters, all of which were shown as correct. For whatever reason (frustration, probably), I started re-setting / re-entering each of those settings in the respective drop-downs and downloaded the file to the radio once again.

Suddenly, now - it's working fine. All four DMR simplex channels are FB. My only thought is that the programming software might still be a little buggy and not totally ready for prime time.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, and keep a close eye on that Tytera programming software!

John AC4JK

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
Will this only work between 2 radios? or can I have 10 of my buddies all hear the same simplex conversation?

Do I need to set up Digital RX Group Call to have ore than 2 radios receive?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Anyone within range with their radio configured properly can hear and participate in the conversation.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Can be either slot since it has limited range and doesn't interfere with the network or a repeater. This is not the same as talk around, which could interfere with repeater traffic.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Simplex

Since this does not involve the repeater, you can use any color code to make the group somewhat private. With modern scanners and radios like the CS 580, there is nothing in the ham band that cannot be monitored. CC 1 and TG 99 are the defaults most use, but there is no requirement to that combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.