DMR Tier 1 and 2 in the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm trying to improve my understanding of how we have the DMR stuff in the database - specifically the conventional stuff. As I understand it, Tier 1 refers to unlicensed conventional, while Tier 2 refers to licensed conventional. There appears to be no direct way - short of looking it up in the FCC records - to determine which a particular listing is. So do we assume that all listings are Tier 2, or what? Mike

D

DaveNF2G

I don't believe there is any practical difference between the two for a scanner user.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I believe DMR Tier 1 was more European and not seen in the USA. DMR Tier 2 in the USA is conventional while DMR Tier 3 is Trunking.
Hopefully that helps.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Not quite correct: DMR Trunking can be T2, or T3. Most of the UHF systems are tier 2, while the 900 MHz seems to be mainly tier 3. And then you have the Motorola stuff... All the MotoTRBO Connect Plus, and Capacity Plus systems fit in Tier 2 specs but also can have proprietary aspects by Motorola making them technically non compliant. While Capacity MAX has dual operating capabilities, it can operate in pure Tier 3 compliance, or use proprietary mode making it non compliant.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That's interesting info, but I was asking about the DMR conventional stuff in the database - are they basically all Tier 2? Or something else?

Mike

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Tier 2. And scanners really do not differentiate on conventional. And that is the primary focus of this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.