DMR Tier 3

quade1952

Premium Subscriber
Dont know if I am doing something wrong but cannot hear any chatter on the Eversource Dmr tier 3, Copied everything from Sentinel as I would with P25 and all other Digital and Conventional programming, I did notice that Dattco bus lines comes in just fine and they are Cap+, so must be doing something wrong with Eversource, any ideas.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Dont know if I am doing something wrong but cannot hear any chatter on the Eversource Dmr tier 3, Copied everything from Sentinel as I would with P25 and all other Digital and Conventional programming, I did notice that Dattco bus lines comes in just fine and they are Cap+, so must be doing something wrong with Eversource, any ideas.
I've never heard any actual voice traffic on the eversource system. I've only ever logged data. The system seems to be very very seldom used.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You might also try listening during the day, as that is when a business system is more likely to be active. Much less so at night

Mike

quade1952

Premium Subscriber

quade1952

Premium Subscriber
Is there any traffic on Metropolitan Dist. as well and if not what would be active in DMR is Hartford area.

cg

Premium Subscriber
By far the busiest DMR in Hartford (CT) area is the Marcus stuff. However it is Hytera which the Unidens can not yet monitor. You can program in the OneVoice Con+ system and then the Tier III OneVoice Cap Max once that gets paying users on it.

The Eversource system is primarily data with some voice but as mentioned, very limited. Many sites probably have no voice radios affiliated to them so even if there was voice traffic active, it may well be on another site. Berlin Site has the security guards at the HQ which sometimes is the most active TG. Bloomfield site covers the back up command center so some traffic is heard there. Much of the state area wise does not have natural gas so those users are not heard. The power trucks all use IPADS over cellular for dispatch, location and other info like grid maps.

If there was a prolonged outage that covered a wide area and cell sites started running out of fuel, you might hear more traffic... if you were able to listen.

Reconrider

Inside the Galaxy
I've never heard any actual voice traffic on the eversource system. I've only ever logged data. The system seems to be very very seldom used.
The eversource system does have voice on it. it's not used often, but if you can connect to Berlin site from your house that's where you will get traffic most of the time. Almost ever hour

quade1952

Premium Subscriber
By far the busiest DMR in Hartford (CT) area is the Marcus stuff. However it is Hytera which the Unidens can not yet monitor. You can program in the OneVoice Con+ system and then the Tier III OneVoice Cap Max once that gets paying users on it.

The Eversource system is primarily data with some voice but as mentioned, very limited. Many sites probably have no voice radios affiliated to them so even if there was voice traffic active, it may well be on another site. Berlin Site has the security guards at the HQ which sometimes is the most active TG. Bloomfield site covers the back up command center so some traffic is heard there. Much of the state area wise does not have natural gas so those users are not heard. The power trucks all use IPADS over cellular for dispatch, location and other info like grid maps.

If there was a prolonged outage that covered a wide area and cell sites started running out of fuel, you might hear more traffic... if you were able to listen.
thanks for the info on Eversource, not worth the effort i guess since nothing to hear their, still hoping for some talk on the MDC.