BCD325P2/BCD996P2: DMR Tier III Capacity Max BCD996P2/BCD325P2

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I hope this is in the right place.

I have a question regarding the Uniden BCD 325P2 and 996P2. I want to know if those two radios support Motorola DMR Tier III Capacity Max system decoding. I have programmed the system as DMR/MotoTRBO, but it doesn't seem to track the system correctly. To make it work, I have to hold on to the voice frequency. The system I monitor uses both timeslots on one frequency for the control channel and other frequencies for voice. If the site is a one-frequency site, then the 2nd timeslot is used as a voice frequency and gets decoded properly.

Thank you.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hello,

I hope this is in the right place.

I have a question regarding the Uniden BCD 325P2 and 996P2. I want to know if those two radios support Motorola DMR Tier III Capacity Max system decoding. I have programmed the system as DMR/MotoTRBO, but it doesn't seem to track the system correctly. To make it work, I have to hold on to the voice frequency. The system I monitor uses both timeslots on one frequency for the control channel and other frequencies for voice. If the site is a one-frequency site, then the 2nd timeslot is used as a voice frequency and gets decoded properly.

Thank you.

You would set up a TIII system just like you set up a Cap+ or Con+ system. You set it up as a MotoTRBO trunked system. You add a site. You add frequencies to the site, and when you add frequencies you add the LCN for each frequency and the color code for each frequency.

For instance, if your programming the Wilmot site you would create the MotoTrbo trunked system. Create the Wilmot site. And in the Wilmot site you would add:

420.75 LCN 539 Color Code 6
420.85 LCN 547 Color Code 6

The (if it were me) I would go into the System OPtions end enable ID Search

Then I'd start scanning.

You can get the full LCN/color code information by clicking on each site itself in the DB (like "Wilmot"). Assuming the information submitted was accurate and those are the correct LCNs and color code (I imagine they are), then you should start hearing traffic as it occurs.

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you are using software, hopefully you are using ProScan or ARC-XT. The freeware Freescan doesn't support TRBO programming

Mike

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber
You would set up a TIII system just like you set up a Cap+ or Con+ system. You set it up as a MotoTRBO trunked system. You add a site. You add frequencies to the site, and when you add frequencies you add the LCN for each frequency and the color code for each frequency.

For instance, if your programming the Wilmot site you would create the MotoTrbo trunked system. Create the Wilmot site. And in the Wilmot site you would add:

420.75 LCN 539 Color Code 6
420.85 LCN 547 Color Code 6

The (if it were me) I would go into the System OPtions end enable ID Search

Then I'd start scanning.

You can get the full LCN/color code information by clicking on each site itself in the DB (like "Wilmot"). Assuming the information submitted was accurate and those are the correct LCNs and color code (I imagine they are), then you should start hearing traffic as it occurs.

Mike
It is set like that and the LCNs are correct and work on SDR-Trunk since Denny made some changes to the DMR decoder for SDR-Trunk to work with a non-standard CapMax RAS system properly. As I mentioned in the first post Site 12 seems to work properly since it's a one-frequency site with it being a control channel and as well as being a voice channel too. it uses both timeslots for CC but when a voice channel is requested/used it uses timeslot 2 of the same frequency the CC is on. Other sites use a control channel frequency and use a couple of voice channel frequencies which do not work properly.

If you are using software, hopefully you are using ProScan or ARC-XT. The freeware Freescan doesn't support TRBO programming

Mike
I use ProScan.

Last edited: