DMR TIII station (help request)

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
This could go in the federal forum as well, but posting here because I'm trying to nail down a better location for this station. I only hear this when the band is really open - (not today) - but I'm asking for people from the western side of Florida (and the north - Gainesville/Jacksonville) to take a listen for this "possible" TIII DMR base station. I've copied it twice - so I don't think it's a fluke. Freq is 406.1125.

thx!t3.jpg

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Maybe possible a USPS repeater system they use DMR here where I live.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Maybe possible a USPS repeater system they use DMR here where I live.
Only Federal Agency I've known to use is the United States Postal Service, I have never seen them use encryption here in Kentucky nor Tier 3, however, this seems to match. When I get one of these stations they are usually busy at night because of sorting, If your not sure about its location you can always go hunting, It's on my favorite things to do with these stations.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I retract my statement (kinda) Veteran Affairs aka VA uses DMR heavily here. That might be why encryption is active.

batdude

Only Federal Agency I've known to use is the United States Postal Service, I have never seen them use encryption here in Kentucky nor Tier 3, however, this seems to match. When I get one of these stations they are usually busy at night because of sorting, If your not sure about its location you can always go hunting, It's on my favorite things to do with these stations.
i tend to agree that it's the USPS. However, I find the use of a TIII system (rare in government) and encryption the (????) - still just trying to figure out a general location for this repeater though!

doug

cg

Premium Subscriber
Tier III is trunking so you should be able to find a control channel. A TIII voice channel from a system near me shows the exact same layout, TIII, BS, DCC.
In the Channel Activity window you will see S1/S2 instead of the channel numbers.

chris

batdude

Tier III is trunking so you should be able to find a control channel. A TIII voice channel from a system near me shows the exact same layout, TIII, BS, DCC.
In the Channel Activity window you will see S1/S2 instead of the channel numbers.

chris
unfortunately, this was (is) the only channel that I have encountered. if I hadn't seen it 2x - i'd say it was a DSD+ false decode!

batdude

Postal Service uses encryption by me, and VA doesnt
Agreed, the USPS Inspector repeater in orlando is 407.1375 N482 - and i have never, not once, heard it run unencrypted. The sort office in orlando and others that I have heard are not encrypted.

doug

Status
Not open for further replies.