DMR Time Slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBrianB

Is there any way to program the DMR time slot on a SDS200? We have 2 seperate depts. using the same freq. but one uses slot 1 and the other uses slot 2. My Whistler TRX1 has this function and works great. Seems to me that for $800 Uniden could include this function. I've tried doing it using the Discovery function but that dont work.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I've asked that atleast twice about uniden should have something like whistler dmr setup for conv. Pretty much have to do DMR OFT.

Ubbe

No problem. As mentioned program as a DMR One Frequency Trunked system and you will have full control over timeslots and all talk groups with alerts and lights and delay times and can lock out any TG's that you do not want to monitor.

/Ubbe

N1GTL

Database Admin
My new SDS is in transit so I don't know much about programming them yet but can you specify a talk group ID or did they use the same ID for slot 1 and slot 2?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Only problem on OFT if you use P-Ch (Pri) it won't let you select it :( I've asked about them changing that it works like Pri if someone likes a certain TG and uses Pri.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
My new SDS is in transit so I don't know much about programming them yet but can you specify a talk group ID or did they use the same ID for slot 1 and slot 2?
Yes if you have 2 Ch on same freq you can chose either Any or 1 or 2.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I thought I had a video on OFT DMR setup back in 2018. I was working on it and a few days later a Cat 5 storm hit my area. I don't remember what hard drive I had it on :( the hard drive got damaged and threw it away cause it wouldn't load or do anything.

DBrianB

In my case the problem is a local police dept. is dispatched thru the sheriff dept. Their channel is 460.575 slot 2 color 5. The sheriff dept simulcast on the same channel on slot 1 color 5. On my whistler trx1 i can program them according to their slot number. cant figure out why Uniden cant offer the same feature when they charge over twice the price of a whistler trx1

DBrianB

No problem. As mentioned program as a DMR One Frequency Trunked system and you will have full control over timeslots and all talk groups with alerts and lights and delay times and can lock out any TG's that you do not want to monitor.

/Ubbe
I'll try that as soon as I figure out how to do that. Thanks for your help

N1GTL

Database Admin
I'm not sure if you can RX by talk group ID on the SDS scanner yet. If so, as long as it is different, you should be able to. Again, I am awaiting delivery so I have no experience with it yet. I do have 10+ year experience deploying TRBO systems so at least I know how they work. I ditched the 436 because it was so complex but now I am forced to learn the SDS because my town went to a simulcast system and the 325 doesn't like it since I have line of site to every transmitter.

My tracking number says deliver by tomorrow by 9:00 pm but I'm in the projected path of the hurricane so if power goes out at UPS facilities or trees and lines are down, I may not get it.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if you can RX by talk group ID on the SDS scanner yet. If so, as long as it is different, you should be able to. Again, I am awaiting delivery so I have no experience with it yet. I do have 10+ year experience deploying TRBO systems so at least I know how they work. I ditched the 436 because it was so complex but now I am forced to learn the SDS because my town went to a simulcast system and the 325 doesn't like it since I have line of site to every transmitter.

My tracking number says deliver by tomorrow by 9:00 pm but I'm in the projected path of the hurricane so if power goes out at UPS facilities or trees and lines are down, I may not get it.
On the SDS if your in Conv. side you can't enter a TG or Slot you can enter a Color Code only. If you set up a DMR OFT you can enter Tg's and uid slot and color.

Last edited:

Ubbe

The 436 and SDS100 work exactly the same. If you had problem with your 436 you will then also have the exact same problem with a SDS100. Add the additional filter settings that SDS100 have and the non userfriendly experimenting with the different filter settings and your free time schedule will be fully booked.

/Ubbe

N1GTL

Database Admin
I was under the impression that the x36 series radios did not receive simulcast that well? I am not talking about a trunked phase 2 system. I want to rx a conventional P25 3 site system. As I said, I did not like the 436 because of the complexity. I already see the difference as the SDS100 has 3 rows on the display; 1 for favorites, 1 for system and 1 for department. The 436 only had 2 row. The 325P2 works ok at a friends house but that is on the back side of a hill and 2 of the 3 sites are obstructed. The one remaining site is about 1/3 mile away, if that.

Anyway, UPS just left after the delivery :) . Time to post the 325P2 for sale and unbox the SDS100. It'll probably be a late night.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I did confirm with a friend, who also formerly owned x36 series scanners, that they really do not RX simulcast well and the simulcast abilities are the big selling point for the SDS scanners. I programmed three favorites in and the town I was hearing all garbled is now crystal clear. There will be a lot to learn, that's for sure.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I did confirm with a friend, who also formerly owned x36 series scanners, that they really do not RX simulcast well and the simulcast abilities are the big selling point for the SDS scanners. I programmed three favorites in and the town I was hearing all garbled is now crystal clear. There will be a lot to learn, that's for sure.

Your friend is absolutely correct. Don't listen to the resident "I don't own an SDS scanner but I'm the expert on them" guy, and enjoy your new scanner. If you have questions, post them and people who actually DO have an SDS100 or 200 will be happy to answer!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I had both x36hp I sold both back in 2018 I did get both sds1/200. Did some tests with the 436 and sds100 in one area I lived at and went through some neighborhoods the 436 signal wasn’t all that great sds100 worked better and that day the 436 was sold to someone in a different area.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Thank you both. What little traffic there was last night sounded incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.