• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DMR TR-6000DM Repeater and BD D452 Radio issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger19D

I work for a non-profit and we recently purchased a setup with a repeater and several BD-D452 radios. If this is in the wrong group I apologize in advance.

For the life of me I can not figure out why I can not get the radios to do a "hand-shake" on the first try. The problem is intermittently and not consistent. It will all work all of a sudden and than become a point where random radios are not receiving any transmissions but some are. Locations within the building seem to be in-consistent meaning it is not happening in the same spot all the time.

I am very frustrated because in a emergency we need these radios to work and for them not to work has been beyond aggravating. The repeater has been installed properly at least according to the owner of the radio company and all the radios programmed. E

Even after buying a FCC license to have our own frequency and programming the radios to that frequency we are still having communication errors.

Now the issue that was brought to my attention is interference, but I am having a hard time believing that because the radios worked great at one point and than just went down hill from there with all of them communicating.

Any input on this would be great, and I will be more than happy to provide any information I can to help figure out this problem.

The repeater is installed in the middle of the building but on the top floor. According to the repeater when it gets a signal from a radio the bars are showing full strength so I would assume signal is not the issue here.

I forgot to mention that the repeater has a duplexer installed to use one antenna to receive and transmit.
Again I am very new to this and if I left out any critical information I will do my best to get the information.

Ranger19D

Any reason why a Digital Radio that has been programmed with the other radios intermittently not receive any transmission regardless of the location within the building? A repeater is installed and at times it works but other times no audio will come out

xmo

Temporarily reprogram the system to analog CSQ and try the radios everywhere so you can learn if there really are coverage issues, noise, or interference.

Ranger19D

So before these radios we had Motorola BPR40 Radio Analog and we had dead spots in few areas.

This new company brought sent out 2 digital radios without a repeater to test. The same areas we had dead spots. So they recommended a repeater. They came out and set it up and we went in those rooms ( both radios ) and tested it and no longer had any issues with dead spots.

I will look into it and see if I can change the system to analoog CSQ but not sure if what was done with the analog radios and digital radios without a repeater answered that question.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Even after buying a FCC license to have our own frequency and programming the radios to that frequency we are still having communication errors.
Having exclusive use of a channel for a ground-level system to cover a single building seems pretty unlikely. If the vendor and coordinator do their job well, you might be able to find a channel with minimal and/or distant use, depending on where you are. Where are you and is this VHF or UHF? Have you checked what other licenses there are on the channel? What does the vendor have to say about it?

Ranger19D

According to the vendor, they selected a frequency that was not being used within our area.

How would I check what other licenses there are on the channel?

The vendor stated it was the same frequency they used when they brought out the repeater and radios to test if the radios would work. Originally they sent out two radios, and they sounded great but without the repeater we still had issues in the same dead spots.

So the company reached back out and think that due to a chipset issue that their are two types of chips in radios. I noticed one radio when first turned on will say Zone 1 Digital 8 (Channel it is currently on) however another radio when first turned on will say 8 ( Channel it is currently on)

So they had me update the firmware on all the radios to see if that would fix the problem. Well I am still having the same problem.

I am guessing the manufacture switched some things up and due to shortages that it is causing some issues that happens intermittently.

I will have to double check the settings but I am pretty sure it is setup as UHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.