DMR Trunk, DMR Conventional, DMR One Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Bravo, let me tell you what I've done so far. I am trying to figure out 2 different licenses for Mid-Del schools, WQWJ992 and WQKZ744. I am currently trying to figure out 992. There are two frequencies, 152.8925, listed as a FB2 and MO, and 159.8775, listed as MO and FX1. 152 is very active, 5 bars and shows a CC of 6. I've never been able to see any talkgroups displayed per the video. System type display alternates between DMR and CAP. I am current trying to do a LCN Search which has been running for about 30 minutes now and has come up with nothing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Bravo, let me tell you what I've done so far. I am trying to figure out 2 different licenses for Mid-Del schools, WQWJ992 and WQKZ744. I am currently trying to figure out 992. There are two frequencies, 152.8925, listed as a FB2 and MO, and 159.8775, listed as MO and FX1. 152 is very active, 5 bars and shows a CC of 6. I've never been able to see any talkgroups displayed per the video. System type display alternates between DMR and CAP. I am current trying to do a LCN Search which has been running for about 30 minutes now and has come up with nothing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to the call signs they are Conventional. Odd no talkgroup showing up on Covn mode. Try the freq in search mode.

Last edited:

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
According to the call signs they are Conventional. Odd no talkgroup showing up on Covn mode. Try the freq in search mode.

I have had everything in conventional mode for a few months. The only thing I ever get are the school buses on 151.565, CC1. There are also lots of times the scanner stops on this with no audio. I'm guessing that's the GPS data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have had everything in conventional mode for a few months. The only thing I ever get are the school buses on 151.565, CC1. There are also lots of times the scanner stops on this with no audio. I'm guessing that's the GPS data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be GPS Data and or Encryption? If ENC than the radio will by pass that audio.

Drumbum

If there is a frequency that doesn't belong or one that's missing when you do a LCN search will it mess with the results?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

RadioSnoop

I'm looking at the MotoTRBO CPS for a radio used on a CAP+ system. It doesn't use the term LCN. How can I tell the LCN for each frequency in the CPS?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If there is a frequency that doesn't belong or one that's missing when you do a LCN search will it mess with the results?

If you have a freq doesn't belong in there could cause some problems on LCN Search. Make sure what sites you see in CONV mode so you can make some notes what freqs go where for LCN Search.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking at the MotoTRBO CPS for a radio used on a CAP+ system. It doesn't use the term LCN. How can I tell the LCN for each frequency in the CPS?

I don't know on CPS software. I assume in the software might be under LSN. LSN acts like LCN on the scanner(s). If you got all the LCN correct you can put them in the LSN should work that way.

Drumbum

If you have a freq doesn't belong in there could cause some problems on LCN Search. Make sure what sites you see in CONV mode so you can make some notes what freqs go where for LCN Search.
The problem I'm having on one of my systems is I can only find 3 out of 5 possible frequencys with activity, every time I run LCN search It numbers the 3 I have 1,2 and 4, I have recorded remaining frequencys all week and never seen activity, so either 1 frequency is not on the FCC list or the scanner keeps labeling #3 #4. What even makes it more confusing is these are 2 hospitals, site 2 I found activity on 4 out of 5 FCC licenced frequencys and LCN finder found the order with none missing, it's been driving me crazy trying to find the missing freqency,

Status
Not open for further replies.