DMR Trunking Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5RGP

I have searched the forums everyway i can think and havent found an answer
so ill try to explain what i want to do

I know where there is a DMR site in northern michigan doing a limit search this am
i got a couple hits and had info come up about color code 15 and slot 1 some had slot 2

im new to the trunking stuff is there anyway i can set up like maybe a single ch trunking sys with the busiest ch i found and then have the bcd536 do a trunking descovery?

i did it this am as a conventional descovery is how i found what i did but several freq's had no voice
so im asuming they are some type of control ch??

i saw something somewhere about setting a dmr single freq as a trunk and then running trunking descovery but for the life of me i cant find how to do it now

thanks for anything you can point me too

gary123

yes you can park on the control channel and get the hits. I recommend programming in all the freq you think are assigned to the system into the dmr trunking system to be discovered. A good source of info is the RR database

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?coid=1

and the FCC data base. look for matching licence info and go from there.

W5RGP

yes you can park on the control channel and get the hits. I recommend programming in all the freq you think are assigned to the system into the dmr trunking system to be discovered. A good source of info is the RR database

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?coid=1

and the FCC data base. look for matching licence info and go from there.

Would mototurbo be the system type I'm not seeing a dmr trunking only option I have is dmr one
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ubbe

If a DMR channel transmits data continously then it is a Mototrbo control channel. If you have several of those channels then it could be another site of the same system or of another system.

Make a test mototrbo system and make one site for each control channel. Put all other DMR channels, those will carry voice traffic, in each site. All sites will look the same except for the control channel.

Now start Analyze/LCN finder. It will look something like this: 0/6 and as soon as it finds a voice channel it will change to 1/6 and continue with 2/6. When you get tired of it you must do func+SYSTEM to be able to store the LCN findings. Read your scanner with Sentinel and check the test system for the LCN values. Make another "real" mototrbo system and enter only the control channels in the sites and the frequencies that have LCN values.

Next time you do Analyze/LCN finder the LCN values will be deleted in the scanner so be sure to write them down or put in the "real" system before they are gone.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.