DMR upgrade (From Uniden) with BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I ordered a new BCD996P2 to use in my car. A few weeks ago I brought the home base 996 P2 scanner out in my car with an 800 mhz mag mount. I was so pleased with the reception and sound quality I ordered a new one. I dont even need an external speaker cause the built in one is plenty loud. I want to get the DMR upgrade from the "myUniden" site, I think it is $60 for the upgrade. We have a big powerful DMR tower which is real active and has some interesting conversations at times. With the upgrade is programming the radio any different than programming other systems? I mean with the upgrade I assume the radio will recognize a DMR system. But are there any other things I need to be aware of? I will be using Proscan and already have the system set up in Proscan. There isn't much on NXDN to listen to here. When you order the upgrade does the key come to you quickly or is there a wait?

tvengr

Well Known Member
You select the system type when you create a system with ProScan. If downloading from the database, the correct system info should be there. You should receive the DMR key as soon as you order the upgrade at my.uniden.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.