BCD436HP/BCD536HP: dmr upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

I900D658

i am trying to update a new 436 hp with dmr when i go to my Uniden it is asking for electronic number and a checksum where do i find the checksum

thanks

ChrisABQ

To get your key, you'll need your scanner's Electronic Serial Number (ESN) and Checksum.
Power on your scanner.
Press MENU.
Scroll to SETTINGS, then press E.
Scroll to SEE SCANNER INFORMATION, then press E.
Scroll to FIRMWARE VERSION, then press E.
Write down the digits following SN in the 3rd line, then the 3-character checksum from the 4th line.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Just snagged my DMR key, that was easy :).

Hey all, i just got my DMR upgrade key a few minutes ago and honestly i hafta say that was very easy to do :D. Two bits of advice for those yet to snag the DMR upgrade one, SAVE YOUR KEY! You might not be able to recover it from what i`ve heard (or at least it will be somewhat diffacult to recover it), and two, print off your key as well (save it to your computer in something like Wordpad or any decent word processor, then print it off) that way you`ll have a hard copy of it if your PC decides to take a dump on ya (god forbid). Now for my question, will my `436HP with the new upgrade do DMR tier 3 trunking, and how do i program that type of system? Had a peek at the list under the system menu and couldn`t find anything for a DMR tier 3 trunked system. Thanx to Upman for putting this upgrade out there, now i can monitor the city busses next weekend during our three-day balloon rally & Chalkfest event :D :). Nice! N9NRA

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
possible bug found re, reversed TS settings.

Programming trunked systems from the scanner keypad is a really bad idea. Do it from Sentinel.

Oh i know :), just wanted to know for my curiousity. Now that said, been testing the new upgrade and i seem to have stumbled onto a potential bug in the upgrade, this bug relates to the TDMA slot number (the TS assignments for the system), when i set up the test using my SharkRF Openspot as my "gunea pig" to see how the scanner sounded on DMR and to figure out how to set this up originally i had programmed the TG`s to the TS i had set up for my DMR ham radio, in this case timeslot 1, however when i was scanning the newly programmed test it seems that the TS is reversed (if, for example the system says to program TS 1 to listen to it in my case i had to change that to TS 2). I have the timeslot for my Openspot set to TS1 but when i first ran the test i couldn`t get anything, changing all my TG`s to listen on TS2 seems to have fixed this, and this is the workaround that i`ve found that seems to work. So, for those that are programming DMR stuff with this upgrade be aware that you may need to program the oppisite TS to the one that`s listed in the RRDB or whatever list you`re working from, further testing will be done to confirm my findings tomorrow as one of the systems i`m listening to isn`t working today :). I`ll post back after tomorrow and let y`all know of any new findings on this. N9NRA

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
SAVE YOUR KEY! You might not be able to recover it from what i`ve heard (or at least it will be somewhat diffacult to recover it), and two, print off your key as well (save it to your computer in something like Wordpad or any decent word processor, then print it off) that way you`ll have a hard copy of it if your PC decides to take a dump on ya (god forbid).

Your key will always be available when you sign into the same area where you registered your scanner at my.uniden.com. and click on "all my scanners".

It will show all scanners that you have registered along with all upgrade keys you have purchased for them.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Your key will always be available when you sign into the same area where you registered your scanner at my.uniden.com. and click on "all my scanners".

It will show all scanners that you have registered along with all upgrade keys you have purchased for them.

Okay, i saw that after i finished with the upgrade and was just looking at my scanner registeration stuff. Gotta say i like what this upgrade gave me, with the exception of a small bug (i mentioned it in another post, relates to the "TDMA slot" setting), even with that i like that i can now monitor DMR on my scanner :D. Defenitely worh the money IMO. N9NRA

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
DMR upgrade, my thoughts now that i`ve had a chance to test it a bit :).

Okay, now that i`ve done some playing around with the DMR upgrade over the past day or so i have some thoughts on this, first off, i really do like the abaility to listen to DMR systems on my `436HP, very convienient for monitoring my OpenSpot and our local city busses, which happen to be using DMR :). Sound of DMR systems is really good, albiet a smidgen louder, that was easily fixed by setting the volume offset to -1, that problem solved. Only thingy i`ve really noticed so far is at least with my scanner monitoring the bus system is it seems the scanner has a bit of a time with the DMR timing, sometimes not recieving anything or missing transmissions, not sure what may be the problem, but i have a feeling it has to do with the fact that the scanner just isn`t fast enough to follow the timeslot thingy at all times, i have used an actual DMR radio (my CS750 ham DMR unit) to monitor the same system and had no problems recieving all traffic on the system, with my scanner it seems to be a bit slow as to recieve. Also, i would like to see priority functionality added to one-frequency systems as an option, right now if ya want to be able to set a DMR channel as a priority channel you have to set it up as a plain conventional channel, which i did as well for testing perposes, however doing this dosen`t allow ya to see UID`s or set up alpha tags for TG`s. Hoping there`ll be a small fix to resolve this. Still with all that i believe this was worth the $60 i blew to get the upgrade, and i`m happy i snagged it, like i said, now i can listen to my openspot without having to carry my other (DMR ham HT) radio around all the time, which is really nice, and i can listen to the shuttle busses this weekend during our balloon rally/chalkfest event too :D, which will be very nice. Would i recommend getting the upgrade? You bet, worth every penny IMHO. N9NRA.

Status
Not open for further replies.