DMR Use In Central MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
Been thinking about getting into listening to dmr. Does anyone have info on businesses and what not that use dmr. I know a lot of the schools use mototrbo too. I’ve also seen a lot of dmr radios with various dealer names on them such as action radio.

Ive been struggling to find any info on these systems? Does anyone know anything that can help me get started in monitoring this stuff?
Thanks in advance.

stmills

Action Radio runs both an LTR analog system and an Idas digital trucked system that covers parts of central MN.
Granite Electronics runs a multi site Mototrbo Capacity Plus trinket uhf trunked system in CM.
Mobile Radio Engineering runs a wide area NXDN uhf trucked system that has sites in Crown and St. Cloud.
ANCOM communications Minneapolis and Arden Hills Mototrbro Systems have coverage to the Monticello area.
PWC has a DMR trunked system that lists its coverage as out to Wright and Anoka counties from Minneapolis.
These are all fairly large UHF systems, many schools are switching to Digital from analog and First Student School buses are switch from Analog to Digital in the metro.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the good info. The search tool is pretty neat. Time to get to work monitoring. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.