• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DMR vs. dPMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

weakbit

Hello, my first posting.

i have a Question about the DMR (Digital Mobil Radio) and the dPMR (Digital Privat Mobil Radio)
I bouth a DMR Hendheldradio in China and this DM880 from Kydera have a Firmwareproblem. The Memory overwrite itself during usage.

I ask my friend from China and the Company told me the this is a Problem with the Firmware. After 4month of waiting on a new Firmware i get one and this Firmware is more fail then the first one. Changing the Radio is a big Problem after around 150emails now i get a new Radio but i think my freind from China have right.

He said that all in China Markets sold DMR or dPMR Radio are not developed in China the are developed in Taiwan and the Massproduction occured in China. The Taiwan Company write a not so good Firmware for the Radio in China only for testing Groundfunctions and so on. After finishing the Production the Radios will be send back to Taiwan and now the real Firmware will played in and the Radios are packed and send to the OEM Customer. Now the Radio is processed and finished for delivering.

The China City where the Radios are produce is Quanzhou - in this City my friend told me are Companys the are saling Radios with a Test Firmware in an overproduction from a OEM Manufacturer.

Now my question have anyone a Information about a working Radiocompany that sale a DMR Radio that waork perfect or normal with only little bit failure or dPMR. Has anyone a idea where is a inexpensive Company that sale DMR Radios and dPMR Radios for a good price.

DMR vs dPMR what is better in Range with 4 Watt ? I'm searching a dPMR Radio that can encrypt the Audiodata and have a Range within 4 Kilometer Point to Point with a External Antenna?

Thank you and 73
weakbit

weakbit

Thank you i only would like to know about a inexpensive DMR Mobil-Radio. Hytera, Motorola, Kenwood is for me to expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.