dmr with bcd536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8ble

HAM, ATV'ER, MOTOROLER XTS 2500 Q52.Q53. Q811,H02
Premium Subscriber
i have no luck getting it programmed to work with amateur radio DMR does anyone have a file that i can up load to be able to see what i am missing. with either sentel or butel.

thanks in advance and 73's

racingfan360

You don't say if you're trying to listen to DMR Repeater or simplex comms....the BCDx36HP models aren't very good at decoding DMR simplex, but the following steps should work for both, to at least get you started

Go to MENU > Srch/CloCal Opt > Digital Wait time set to 400ms, Digital Threshold set to Manual, Digital Threshold Level set to 5.

Come out of that menu tree (several presses of MENU).

The scanner will likely be either then be scanning channels or be holding on a channel. If it's scanning press CHAN/MOD.
Type in the freq of the system you want to listen to followed by CHAN/MOD.
Check that modulation = FM (FUNC+CHAN/MOD until it cycles through to FM).

If your setup is right, you should see DMR type being decoded, Slot number and when there is voice on the system, it should decode and show Color Code/ TGID and UIDs in use.

Does that work?

Ubbe

Go to MENU > Srch/CloCal Opt > Digital Wait time set to 400ms, Digital Threshold set to Manual, Digital Threshold Level set to 5.

I would suggest setting Digi Wait time to 0mS as it only is a delay that mutes the begining of the audio to try and mask off the digital audio until the scanner starts to decode the data. You probably would like to hear that you have some sort of signal (and the quality of it) and doesn't want it muted for 400mS.

Come out of that menu tree (several presses of MENU).

Just do Func+System to get out of any menu.

/Ubbe

k8ble

HAM, ATV'ER, MOTOROLER XTS 2500 Q52.Q53. Q811,H02
Premium Subscriber
thanks to all still working hard on it.. i'll keep going

Status
Not open for further replies.