DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc7rhw

Is it worth the upgrade to get the dmr for my radio is there a lot of activity for that mode.
the provoice was shure a good deal. it works really well
I have it working in texas and albuquerque new mexico

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
From occasional searching (the past couple of months), for DMR & NXDN users in SLC and Bountiful area, I've found 102 different DMR sites, and 25 NXDN sites, so far. A larger number of users as some sites are trunked. None have been Public Service users, so far. Most (all) have been business users. So the upgrade would depend on what you want to listen to.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
A couple of hospitals up there are nxdn, carbon and Emery are the only public safety in utah that will go nxdn that I know of. No DMR for public safety as far as I know, however Dominion Energy(formally Questar Gas) is DMR Tier 3 statewide

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

kd7rto

BYU uses DMR (800 MHz Connect plus). Their system has a site that I can hear from Bountiful, with BYU PD accounting for most of the traffic.

The RR database has that system listed.

kd7rto

Tuning across the VHF-HI and UHF business bands, I'm finding even more DMR on the air than analog FM voice.

Is any of it interesting to monitor? Nothing I've found so far has been.

Mapping systems has been slow going, but I should be ready to post some logs soon, both single frequency and CAP+ systems. Plus I've found one UHF Hytera XPT system.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
A couple of hospitals up there are nxdn, carbon and Emery are the only public safety in utah that will go nxdn that I know of. No DMR for public safety as far as I know, however Dominion Energy(formally Questar Gas) is DMR Tier 3 statewide

Also been told Grand and San Juan counties will also use NXDN in the next year or 2, and will be linked with the carbon/emery system

Status
Not open for further replies.