DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

plmanegre

Premium Subscriber
Is this the future of scanning? I have a PSR 500. Holyoke Ma just went to DMR on their public safety network. Thanks

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
DMR is widely in use both for commercial radio and ham. While the 500 is a good radio, it has no capability to receive any digital format other than P25.

garys

Premium Subscriber
There is no such thing as THE future of scanning. DMR is one digital format, NXDN is another, P25 is becoming more widely used in public safety. There are other digital formats as well. There is still plenty of analog traffic to listen to as well.

Your PSR 500 still has plenty of life in it, but if you want to listen to the newer formats, you are going to need to add a newer scanner.

KB1VLA

Is this the future of scanning? I have a PSR 500. Holyoke Ma just went to DMR on their public safety network. Thanks

If your intention is to just listen to Holyoke FD, you could get a MD-380 VHF radio and program it for HFD, receive only. They aren't that expensive.

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
I remember back when I want to school out there circa 2006 they had 2 analog fire channels linked and they constantly just repeated the same traffic.

Also to the original poster state police had a zone in the holyoke area that is P25 I would throw that into your scanner you maybe surprised on how better the p25 audio is.

Holyoke Police are now P25 also.

plmanegre

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all

I will look into the MD 380. I have all the` important MSP in the scanner now {statewide} Thanks for all the suggestions..

Status
Not open for further replies.