DMRDecode (Build 73) Logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG4BKO

Premium Subscriber
I can't seem to get DMRDecode (Build 73) to log anything. When I click quick log it asks me to select file name but it doesn't make one anywhere. It works great in real time, I just can't make a log to see all the talk groups, color codes, etc. Can anyone help me? I am using Windows 7. Also, I never get the System indication on the right side of the bottom line on screen that shows Sync, CC, Ch, etc.
Thanks in advance. Bill

Saint

Premium Subscriber
RE INSTALL

I can't seem to get DMRDecode (Build 73) to log anything. When I click quick log it asks me to select file name but it doesn't make one anywhere. It works great in real time, I just can't make a log to see all the talk groups, color codes, etc. Can anyone help me? I am using Windows 7. Also, I never get the System indication on the right side of the bottom line on screen that shows Sync, CC, Ch, etc.
Thanks in advance. Bill

I would try deleting the program and re-install it, I have been using this program for several months and as I send this I have it running, everything is working ok on Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. Click on Main button, then name the file and it will be sent to the dmr decode directory or you can have it sent to any directory you want, check the directory were the program is. make sure you end the program then it will show up in the directory.
Steve

BM82557

This info helped me when I had problems with the log file -

"When I log activity I don't use the quick log option, just Save To File so maybe give that a try. Start it logging, let it run for a bit then check in on it. When you are done logging make sure to uncheck the Save To File or it may not close out properly. When you open your log file scroll all the way to the end and you should hopefully have a nice summary of all the group and radio ID's observed."

racingfan360

KG4BKO - It might be worth checking to see that you're not trying to write the logfile to a protected folder in the filesystem. Check that you have full Read/Write permissions for this folder, or try logging to a different location

KG4BKO

Premium Subscriber
Using a different path worked! Thanks so much . Now my only problem is getting the System indicator at the bottom to indicate. Does that only indicate if a trunked DMR system is monitored?

IanWraith

Hello Bill

Using a different path worked! Thanks so much . Now my only problem is getting the System indicator at the bottom to indicate. Does that only indicate if a trunked DMR system is monitored?

The system indicator will only work if you are monitoring a Connect Plus or Tier III network. This is because only those systems transmit a system identity. Other systems never transmit an identity so for those the system indicator is unused.

Hope that helps.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.