• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Network Radio Sure F25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nextel493

I'm trying to find a way to create a blank home screen on my Sure F25 running android 5.1 so I can see my whole wallpaper. I've searched the internet and everything revolves around the common everyday smartphone. This is a smartphone, but it doesn't have the normal, easy home screen of a Samsung Galaxy. I hope someone can help because I'm going crazy.

Nextel493

Hi, I have the network radio Sure F25. I'm trying to find a battery for it but all I've found is one website (Spare Battery for all PTT4U Radios) that sells it for $59.99, but the shipping is $40 which is ridiculous. They don't offer a cheaper shipping method. Does anyone know where I can find a battery with cheaper shipping, possibly here in the U.S.?

Nextel493

Hi, I need to buy two belt clips for my Sure F25 network radio and only dmrphone.com seems to have them. But, is it a legit company to buy from?

Nextel493

Not to mention they are using an expired, self-signed SSL certificate on their website. Stay away, do not give them any personal or payment information.
Thank you for responding. They just emailed me asking for the paypal payment. But I didn't give any payment info. I had a feeling they weren't on the up and up. Do you know how to find the spare belt clips for the Sure F25 network radio? Not even PTT4U has them. I'm getting frustrated with these companies.

K4EET

Chaplain
I did find this source. I don't know anything about them.

The Sure F25 is listed there on that webpage...

Sound of Angels
6 Park St
Wading River, NY 11792
USA
Tel: +1 503 746 8282

The only thing fishy was when I added the Sure F25 Belt Clip to my cart, the $19 belt clip was $40 shipping to the United States o_O o_O o_O and that was a little hokey. One would think a U.S. distributor in New York would mail the belt clip from New York via USPS for about $3 Priority Mail.

On second thought, $19 for a belt clip is a little steep. That should be about $5 to $7 I would think.

<edit> Just for the fun of it, I might call them and see why they can't deliver a Sure F25 Belt Clip to me for a total of about $10 PP...

Last edited:

Nextel493

Hey guys, I'm here with another question about my Sure F25 network radio. I need to buy a spare battery for it, and the only place that "claims" to have it is PTT4U.com. I already tried buying belt clips from them only to find out two weeks later (after I emailed them) they're not available anymore. Now American Express is involved to settle this. So, they are completely incompetent and unreliable. If anyone knows of another way to get this battery please let me know. Thank you.

Nextel493

I did find this source. I don't know anything about them.

The Sure F25 is listed there on that webpage...

Sound of Angels
6 Park St
Wading River, NY 11792
USA
Tel: +1 503 746 8282

The only thing fishy was when I added the Sure F25 Belt Clip to my cart, the $19 belt clip was $40 shipping to the United States o_O o_O o_O and that was a little hokey. One would think a U.S. distributor in New York would mail the belt clip from New York via USPS for about $3 Priority Mail.

On second thought, $19 for a belt clip is a little steep. That should be about $5 to $7 I would think.

<edit> Just for the fun of it, I might call them and see why they can't deliver a Sure F25 Belt Clip to me for a total of about $10 PP...
Hi, I'm sorry for the long wait for my reply, but life gets in the way sometimes. I agree 100% with what you said. Wading River, NY is one of two resellers for the China based company, the other being Portugal. The price for all of their parts are way overpriced, but it seems they're the only gig in town. The huge shipping price is due to the fact that it ships directly from China (Why have resellers if it still ships from China, right?) I was not happy with the shipping price, so I emailed them and was given a $20 discount. Great, I thought. I waited an additional two weeks and saw that my order had not even shipped out yet. I sent another email and they responded, "Sorry for the late response. We don't have them, not even the factory. We can credit you for something else or give you your money back." I said I wanted a refund. No reply for days, so I called American Express and they refunded me and began an investigation...still ongoing but on my end it's done. My solution for getting a belt clip was to order from www.TheClip.com. It's not what belongs on this radio, but their products seem incredibly well made and durable. So, for trying to help me, I'll help you by saying, if you ever come across a belt clip problem, try TheClip.com. I've been using their product for about a week and a half and I'm very satisfied. In fact, I just received a second order today for a couple of other radios I have. Thank you for your help and stay safe, Steve from NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.