DMRVA Fredericksburg Site Active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
I used to hear conversations monitoring the Fredericksburg site of the DMRVA amateur radio network on my scanner, usually on my way to work and back. However, I've tried listening a few times over the last few days and haven't heard anything. Is the site still active?

markrob7000

N4MDR
Premium Subscriber
According to the DMRVA website the Fredericksburg repeater is currently offline.

KC4ASF

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
The drop in usage on the DMRVA system is unbelievable. I heard two guys being chastised yesterday because they were trying to talk on the state TG. I understand the rag chewing but that is not what was going on. I can still use the Linden DMR with Fredericksburg down.

fredva

Feed Provider
Guys, thanks for the quick response. That explains the silence. I'm not sure I'd be able to pick up another site other than Fredericksburg. I had listened with my WS-1080 in the past but since purchasing an SDS-100 last summer it has become my primary scanner. I just acquired the DMR upgrade for the SDS-100 over the weekend but couldn't hear DMRVA on it. Tried the WS-1080 today but it didn't catch any conversations either.

kc4jgc

Hi Mike!
The tower the DMR and 220 repeaters were located changed ownership; the new owners told the repeater owner the ham equipment was no longer welcome. He is looking for a new site in the area. The DMR and 220 both filled in a gap along the 95 corridor between Hanover County and Quantico. If you ever go toward Hanover County you should be able to receive the DMR repeater at Beaverdam. I can normally carry that one with an HT up to about mile 106 on 95.

Do you still have the PSR-500 I helped you program a few years ago?

kc4jgc

The drop in usage on the DMRVA system is unbelievable. I heard two guys being chastised yesterday because they were trying to talk on the state TG. I understand the rag chewing but that is not what was going on. I can still use the Linden DMR with Fredericksburg down.
The QSO's I've heard have generally been short. However, there are some ops out there who ONLY HAVE Virginia Statewide programmed in their radios and hotspots! Otherwise, I'd be promoting using TAC A or B.

fredva

Feed Provider
Hi Mike!
The tower the DMR and 220 repeaters were located changed ownership; the new owners told the repeater owner the ham equipment was no longer welcome. He is looking for a new site in the area. The DMR and 220 both filled in a gap along the 95 corridor between Hanover County and Quantico. If you ever go toward Hanover County you should be able to receive the DMR repeater at Beaverdam. I can normally carry that one with an HT up to about mile 106 on 95.

Do you still have the PSR-500 I helped you program a few years ago?

My normal travels take me east of Fredericksburg toward the Northern Neck. I will occasionally head north or south. Thanks for the details on the situation with the DMR repeater.

I used to have a PRO-197 but it is currently being used at a relative's house in another state.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
On a side note the South Hill repeater in Mecklenburg just joined the system and left the PRN network.

kc4jgc

On a side note the South Hill repeater in Mecklenburg just joined the system and left the PRN network.
I talked to Sammy K4MJO the day he switched over. I was on the Cincinnati DMR repeater monitoring VA statewide when he called. Been through South Hill 4 times this week but was unable to find anyone, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.