dmv inspectors/DOT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NECW4

What are the freqs they use? I found one vhf freq in the database.... Are they on CSP's system? Thanks guys

AB1ND

Premium Subscriber
DMV Inspectors

They may be on the State Police system.

DMV Truck Squad is on the State Police system with a TGID of 48368

I haven't heard the inspectors on the system, but it's a place to start.

Steve

KB1JHU

They also have TG 48400. I have on occasion heard traffic on the VHF freq in the Milford area, 154.8750, PL 203.5

NECW4

So if they are on simplex.... What are they just using the radios for car to car communication? Just to be clear I'm looking to listen to the inspectors that you seen on the highway pulling trucks over.

AB1ND

Premium Subscriber
NECW4,

You are looking for the DMV truck squad. These are the guys who pull the trucks over for safety inspections, etc. They usually set up a couple of units which operate together for the stops.

All of the radio traffic is car to car between the units.

You want to monitor the State Police system with the TGIDs in the above posts.

The TGs are 48368 and 48400.

Steve

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
So if they are on simplex.... What are they just using the radios for car to car communication? Just to be clear I'm looking to listen to the inspectors that you seen on the highway pulling trucks over.

Yup that's them. Always car to car. Simplex. One telling the other what truck is coming up to him and his speed and the like.
Then you may hear them on occasion go over to the TRS on the previously reported talkgroup with DMV getting redge info. Although I am sure they are mobile equipped to do that themselves most of the time.
Bob

I listen to these guys all the time when im at work.... they use a few different talkgroups when they get on in the morning but generally its either eastern admin or sometimes eastern traffic. they talk to eachother on CSP TRS to find out where they are meeting up... once they meet up they switch to a low power channel on itac but they are digital when they talk... that is about the best confirmation i have. i dont remember the TG's because i only pay attention to the tag that i program for it.

cg

Premium Subscriber
DMV Inspectors are on 48368 (48400 is DMV Secure)
They have the inspectors, DMV scales, and a radio in one of the DMV inspection div offices.

DPW uses Marcus's statewide UHF Passport system. I don't know if they need/use anything else.

DOT is mainly low band (not sure if the bosses have a TG on Marcus's system)

chris

Schoolcop

The DMV guys can be heard on the State Police system with a 3 in the front of there unit number example 3321sort of like how the DEP officers when the use the State Police system will use the 6 in front of there badge number when they are on the system example 6647.

CT1396

Just for clarification, these guys are the Dept. of Motor Vehicles enforcement, which can pull anyone over, not just cmv's. I have heard them in the past initiate a pursuit on 95 in Waterford years ago, and came up on 42.040 with Troop E. I believe the inspectors do have to attend some police academy time because they have to qualify with a sidearm to be in the cruiser. Don't confuse them with the CSP truck squad, whose primary function is commercial vehicle enforcement, responding to accidents involving cmv's, etc. They are the ones we hear on the "admin" & "traffic" talkgroups. Also, I like how the DMV cruiser lightbars now have "motor vehicle" in the middle. Two seperate agencies here.

Attachments

• npca0503-vi.jpg
    npca0503-vi.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 3,376

PJH

Premium Subscriber
DMV inspectors are POST certified police officers in the State of Connecticut and can enforce the same laws as anyone else. They go thru the same Protective Services academy other non-state police officers do. In CT, you have the Municipal Police Academy, the State Police Academy and the Protective Services Academy. All teach the same thing and held in the same place. The latter too are just tailored to the needs of the state that do not apply to the municipal officers.

Although they can, the DMV by policy (or did, but most likely still does) restricts the use of what they can enforce in day to day operations. It doesn't mean they really can't, its just that the DMV wants their guys to be out there doing commerical enforcement than looking for the drug running vehicles and the such. If they come across criminal stuff they are suppose to pass it off to the troopers or local law enforcement. If not available - they can take the arrest.

DMV has about 30ish users on the CSP system...which is most likely the extent of their inspectors statewide.

The goal is expand the CSP system into a statewide system for state agencies. Its just a matter of time and money.

DMV units are the 3xxx ID's
DEP units are 6xxx ID's

Corrrections, states attorney's, MTA and others have limited radio's already on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.