DNR At Whitewater state park

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAC_Double

Spent the weekend at Whitewater state park. I have every DNR frequency that I know of in the scanner, did not hear a peep all weekend.

Does anyone know anything about White water or Brookville lake?

Thanks!!

jerk

Spent the weekend at Whitewater state park. I have every DNR frequency that I know of in the scanner, did not hear a peep all weekend.

Does anyone know anything about White water or Brookville lake?

Thanks!!

DNR does not use radios much. And on weekends, no one was working except for Conservation officers, and they would be on Safe-T trunked system.

And even during the week, the main VHF frequency is usually quiet for the "parks" in my area.

GTO_04

In my area, Hamilton Co., they are on the DNR enforcement TGs. They seem to have completed the migration to SAFE-T. They can also be heard on the Hamilton County radio system just like ISP. I am thinking they were probably issued some EDACS radios.

GTO_04

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
As Alan said they rarely use radios. Last time I camped there I just caught one or two
transmissions on the old VHF 159.240 and that was the cleaning crew cleaning the
restrooms in the wee morning hours (pun intended). Any enforcement or wildlife
should be on SAFE-T.

Viper43

All DNR officers were advised to limit travel due to high fuel costs for the rest of the fiscal year. I was told about this by one of the DNR officers a couple months ago, he said only nessasary travel, even patrols should be limited to a certain number of miles per day, hence a very quiet year on the radio. I have heard various fishing license checks recently but otherwise very quiet. Also all DNR traffic is on SAFET except rare occasions where the 800Mhz isn't working or they are in a dead spot.

V

jerk

In my area, Hamilton Co., they are on the DNR enforcement TGs. They seem to have completed the migration to SAFE-T. They can also be heard on the Hamilton County radio system just like ISP. I am thinking they were probably issued some EDACS radios.

GTO_04

Here they have VHF radios for interoperability.
They call 10-41 on DNR-South, then also do the same on their County VHF radio.
815 is Scott County, 819 and 820 are Washington County area.
I think most other stuff is by cell these days. Around here the radios are old GE Mastrs, and msot I've seen are single channel, though most parks are licensed for two frequncies. Even the one down the road from me, and the only facilities they have is a baot ramp and privy.

Status
Not open for further replies.