DNR SAR - Morgan County

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Search and Rescue currently in progress in Morgan County. Subject called Morgan County and advised he shot his brother. Subject is shot in the face and chest and is currently stable. However, they do not know where they are. DNR and a helicopter are attempting to locate the individuals at this time via cell phone GPS. They are also firing shots into the ground and yelling so they can hear them. Traffic is on DNR SR DISP.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Search and Rescue currently in progress in Morgan County. Subject called Morgan County and advised he shot his brother. Subject is shot in the face and chest and is currently stable. However, they do not know where they are. DNR and a helicopter are attempting to locate the individuals at this time via cell phone GPS. They are also firing shots into the ground and yelling so they can hear them. Traffic is on DNR SR DISP.

Catching it on my feed now. Southeastern indiana

del1964

Premium Subscriber
I thought it was in Ripley or Jennings...? Very confusing because I never actually heard a location except GPS coordinates like 39.25, -85.26...but I could've heard it wrong

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Initial call from SR was at 9:23 and they advised 620 to heard toward Morgan County that they got the call. Morgan County Washington Twp Fire is on scene.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Sounds like they found him. The guy is still stable and conscious and they will be transporting him to the Hospital.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like they found him. The guy is still stable and conscious and they will be transporting him to the Hospital.

WTHR 13 News: Police say a man accidentally shot his brother while hunting. It happened deep in the woods off Low Gap Road.

Lifeline is transporting the shooting victim to Methodist Hospital in stable condition

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
WTHR 13 News: Police say a man accidentally shot his brother while hunting. It happened deep in the woods off Low Gap Road.
Lots of fairly steep ravines in that area and it's all heavily wooded. You'd have trouble getting a cell phone signal unless you climbed to the top of a hill. I can imagine getting a bit disoriented if you ventured very far from the roads or trails and had an injured hunting partner to deal with.

The Tecumseh Marathon goes through that area on trials that the Hoosier Hikers Council helps maintain. I help with communications for the marathon and for the past couple of years, I've been assigned to a water/aid station that's about two miles off the road on a fire trail. Last year, I had just gotten out of my truck when a pair of hunters came out of the woods with shotguns slung over the crooks of their arms. One of them asked me what was going on. I told him and then he said "ya know, it's the first day of hunting season". I replied that that was why I was wearing a blaze orange hat.

Hopefully, the victim was able to get appropriate medical attention and will survive his injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.