Do I need to reband P25 frequencies for Indiana in my Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbtins

All --

Using a RS Pro 106 scanner

Using ARC 500 for programming connected to RR databases.

I know that when I import anything that is Safe T on the Motorola system, I have to edit the TT tables and load the re-band info in Arc 500 before downloading. No issues there and everything works fine.

There are some Safe T P25 sites and talkgroups that are now showing up on RR and I am putting those in the scanner for the first time. Not that familiar with the P25 system.

When I am importing those, do I still need to edit the P25 trunk systems to manually load the reband tables? Or do I leave any P25 Safe T system TT tables set to deafult?

Thanks for any help... Mike T

SCPD

QRT
All --

Using a RS Pro 106 scanner

Using ARC 500 for programming connected to RR databases.

I know that when I import anything that is Safe T on the Motorola system, I have to edit the TT tables and load the re-band info in Arc 500 before downloading. No issues there and everything works fine.

There are some Safe T P25 sites and talkgroups that are now showing up on RR and I am putting those in the scanner for the first time. Not that familiar with the P25 system.

When I am importing those, do I still need to edit the P25 trunk systems to manually load the reband tables? Or do I leave any P25 Safe T system TT tables set to deafult?

Thanks for any help... Mike T

No trunking tables needed for P25 Safe T the Control Channel Data will set that for you in the data stream makes it easy for you.

mbtins

Thanks for the info.

There's nothing going on with the P25 in Bartholomew Country (Columbus) right now -- no simulcast or anything -- I guess that's normal given how early they are in the transition phase.

Take care... Mike T

DJ11DLN

Thanks for the info.

There's nothing going on with the P25 in Bartholomew Country (Columbus) right now -- no simulcast or anything -- I guess that's normal given how early they are in the transition phase.

Take care... Mike T

There have been some delays. Wouldn't guess it considering the wonderful weather we've been having!:cool:

Seriously, one of the last places I'd want to be during a storm would be in the shack under one of those site towers, tinkering with the gear attached to the feedlines.:roll:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
"1.21 Gigawattss! 1.21 Gigawatts!...." If you survived you'd sound a lot like Dr. Emmett Brown..... But instead of an time machine out of an DeLorean, you'd build an mega scanner that does all modes?

DJ11DLN

"1.21 Gigawattss! 1.21 Gigawatts!...." If you survived you'd sound a lot like Dr. Emmett Brown..... But instead of an time machine out of an DeLorean, you'd build an mega scanner that does all modes?

If anybody could figure that one out, it'd be Doc Brown. He'd probably knock it together one afternoon out of an old 3-tube AM radio and some spare parts, and it would not only decode everything, it would include a DC-to-daylight general coverage, all-mode receiver! And it would probably run on alcohol...but it would use 3.5” floppies instead of an SD card.:roll:

Such practical experience as I've had with lightning, and there have been a few “close encounters” over the years, leads me to believe that I really do not want to be anywhere near one of those towers if there's a storm within 30 miles or so. And my hat is off to the people who don't have a choice in the matter. Hence my comment about the weather and my failure to get excited about the P25 work being a little behind schedule (just to keep from getting too far off-topic). Old Mot2 is still chugging along, it's not as if we're back to cans and string or smoke signals or anything like that.:twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.