Do the Sentinel db updates alter Favorites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taunofargis

Please forgive me if this has been covered previously, but my feeble attempts at searching yielded little.

I have created a few Favorite Lists by selecting entries in the Full Database and using the "Append ...." function in Sentinel. All the data elements for my selection appear to be carried into the new entry in my Favorites List as expected. This is great. Huge time saver.

I just did an "Update Master HPDB" operation and I noticed that there was an update to one of my local PD channels in the Full Database but the altered elements for that channel did not get updated in the corresponding entry in my Favorites List.

Should it have updated them? If not, does that mean I need to reconcile every Favorites List entry (the ones which originated in the Full Database) with the Full Database after each update?

I realize that in the grand scheme of things, not much changes in the Full Database, but how do I know if any of my Favorites have drifted from the current values?

Thanks for any insights.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Asked and answered many times before.

Updating the main database does not update your favourite lists.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
With a premium membership here there is a great feature where you can "watch" a system, county, agency, etc. for any changes to the database. It is a good way to keep up with any changes to your programming. Then you can just update your FL.

Our members submit any changes that they observe, and the administrators do a great job maintaining the database.

Last edited:

medic29

Premium Subscriber
With a premium membership here there is a great feature where you can "watch" a system, county, agency, etc. for any changes to the database. It is a good way to keep up with any changes to your programming. Then you can just update your FL.

Our members submit any changes that they observe, and the administrators do a great job maintaining the database.

I didn't know this....now for the stupid question....how do you do this??

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I didn't know this....now for the stupid question....how do you do this??

Click the "Submit Info" button on the dark blue bar near the top of this page.... just under the Scanner Master ad.

medic29

Premium Subscriber
Click the "Submit Info" button on the dark blue bar near the top of this page.... just under the Scanner Master ad.

I wasn't talking about how to submit the info, but rather to "watch" the database for changes.

joeuser

The Wretched
I really think this should be an option, I'm disappointed its not. Am I alone on this?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I wasn't talking about how to submit the info, but rather to "watch" the database for changes.

On the database page for your county, there is a "watch" button near the top right of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.