• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Do they have sirrus radio in the U.S.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I like XM, but there really isn't that much difference between the two. XM of course has MLB, while I think Sirius has NFL. Both have oldies stations, both have talk radio, both have various specialty music. Interestingly, neither has an Irish music channel.

They both offer on line listening as well as over the air broadcasting. On XM it's mostly the entertainment channels because of restrictions on their MLB and news agreements. XM also has some web only channels.

You can get a three day Internet trial as well from both services.

My son got XM and then gave me a reciever and subscription under his plan for Father's Day.

Gary

Last edited:

gqtrebor

that was nice of him...........yea i bought XM cause i work in the oil sands here in alberta and out in the middle of no where and saw that one first...i have to addmit though now that i have it i dont even listen to the local radio stations anymore.

funcritter

I have to go with XM! I have four XM subs, one of them is in my 06 Cobalt, came with XM. I'm leaving Sunday for a roadtrip to Vegas and Grand Canyon and some other places and XM is going to be my best friend. Gonna be listening to the Bob Dylan Theme Time Radio Hour marathon all weekend on 15 the Village. The rest of the time my radio will be on X Country!

garys said:
Interestingly, neither has an Irish music channel.

Gary
They REALLY need a Celtic/Irish/Scottish channel. They have 5 goddam spanish language channels to cater to illegals, but nothing for the people who came here legally and contributed so much to building this country. Pisses me off.

funcritter

Highlander_821 said:
They REALLY need a Celtic/Irish/Scottish channel. They have 5 goddam spanish language channels to cater to illegals, but nothing for the people who came here legally and contributed so much to building this country. Pisses me off.
XM 15 - The Village plays alot of what you are looking for though it is mixed in with all the other music. They get into themes nightly and sometimes I have heard at least an hour of Irish music played.

RolnCode3

Do the free online trials for both. I found I liked the rock stations on Sirius MUCH more. XM was too generalized, but Sirius broke it down into better classifications, and I liked Sirius's lineup a LOT more. SO, I bought one, and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.