Do we know who in TEXAS will carry the BCDx36HP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Curious if we have any idea of Texas based retailers that will be selling the BCDx36HP scanners? Fry's is a Uniden dealer so hopefully they will have it. But does anyone know of places in the larger cities that might sell them? Cities like Tyler, Waco, Austin ect.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Check with MAIN TRADING CO. in Paris, TX! He is selling the 536 for $598 and free shipping! He is getting a good reputation for selling ham gear at fair prices and great customer service.

SCPD

QRT
Check with MAIN TRADING CO. in Paris, TX! He is selling the 536 for $598 and free shipping! He is getting a good reputation for selling ham gear at fair prices and great customer service.

Yes, Richard is a good guy. I looked at his site tonight, he's down to $595.00 on the 536HP and I don't think he has too many people waiting. I will probably pre-order from him Friday evening Paris from Bonham is not but a 45 minute drive so shipping should be quick.

I was hoping Fry's would have them so I could just drive down to Plano and buy one, but so far UPMan isn't saying who will carry them for retail, non-web based sales.

Thanks

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Ugh, I will avoid a trip to Fry's unless absolutely necessary! But back on topic, available at Wal-Mart could be a good thing. Only time will tell.

james_garner

Premium Subscriber
I am headed there Saturday morning. They have 4 of the 436 units in stock.
Will share my impressions.

James/N5OOO

KE5UBF

Premium Subscriber
Main Trading Company

I made it out to Paris last week and picked up one of each. (436/536)
He had plenty on hand, and no back order that I could see.

To add a cheap shameless plug for them, they are having their grand opening TODAY at their new location.
I won't be able to make it, but I'm sure it'll be a good time for those who get by there.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Although it has been many years since I bought my Regency MX-7000, I bought it at Andy's Electronics in Houston. It is near the south 610 loop. But, I paid a dear price for that radio. I don't know if you would get a decent price, but here is the link: Andy Electronics Inc in Houston, TX - Electronic Equipment & Supplies: Yellow Pages Directory Inc.
Andy's went out of business in 2009. Houston Amateur Radio Supply is the only brick-and-mortar consumer radio shop in the Houston-Galveston region.

+1 for Main Trading Company. Richard is good people, plus you're supporting a family-owned small business.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Andy's Gone, River Oaks Stereo Remains

Andy's went out of business in 2009. Houston Amateur Radio Supply is the only brick-and-mortar consumer radio shop in the Houston-Galveston region.

+1 for Main Trading Company. Richard is good people, plus you're supporting a family-owned small business.

Thanks for the update. I would have been rather annoyed had I traveled all the way down there to find it vacant.

When I started writing this response about the demise of Andy's Electronics, I remembered that River Oaks Stereo used to carry scanners.

So, I called them. The owner of this store used to be a well-known scanner enthusiast in the Houston area. Before RR, I used to rely on his compiled list of frequencies for the Houston Metroplex.

Today, the store stated that they could order the two new Uniden scanners, but they were not keeping them iin stock. I asked why. The sales person ndicated that people tend to hang up once they hear the price of these radios.

River Oaks Car Stereo - Car Audio, security and ham Radio Electronics - We Can Fix What the Other Places Mess Up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.