Do you like to listen to Road Commission on your scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Just wanted to see how many people like to listen to Road Commission on there scanner or on the feeds that are on RR.

I like to listen to them you can get a lot of info on what the road conditions are.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It angers me when I listen to Macomb County Road Commission! I hear all the work they're doing everywhere else in the County, but year after year I get denied when I request repairs on the street right in front of my home!

I live in a subdivision that is only about nine years old. The concrete in front of my home looks like a jigsaw puzzle, made of broken concrete slabs and tar patch! They keep telling me how understaffed they are, and how broke they are, but I see activity all around me in Macomb Township. This spring I'm going to see if I can get Fox2 Problem Solvers out to do a story on it. With the taxes I pay they should be paving it in gold!

RayAir

It angers me when I listen to Macomb County Road Commission! I hear all the work they're doing everywhere else in the County, but year after year I get denied when I request repairs on the street right in front of my home!

I live in a subdivision that is only about nine years old. The concrete in front of my home looks like a jigsaw puzzle, made of broken concrete slabs and tar patch! They keep telling me how understaffed they are, and how broke they are, but I see activity all around me in Macomb Township. This spring I'm going to see if I can get Fox2 Problem Solvers out to do a story on it. With the taxes I pay they should be paving it in gold!

Yeah, a few months ago someone blasted a guardrail out on the main road by my sub. It's busted off half the posts and hanging there; been like that for months. Don't even get started me started on the busted up roads.

But yes, I have RCOC in my scanner.

jbas

I liked to listen to them until they switched to their TRBO system. It was always nice to know what was going on. Up here in Otsego county on one side of the county it could be snowing at and inch per hour while 5 miles away the sun could be shining. But I still listen to the surrounding counties so it's not all bad. It sure would be nice if the next generation of scanners could do something with TRBO. Even if it's just a conventional channel. By the way they spent all that money on a new radio system with GPS and everything and I don't think the roads are any better. They should have hired a couple of new guys to help fill in the skeleton crew they have. But what do I know I am just a taxpayer?

SCPD

QRT
Yea i listen to Clare county there a really good RC they try to take care of everyone even if they knock off a mail box they go out and fix it asap.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Yes I listen to the county I'm in and all of the counties around me as well..

SCPD

QRT
I used to listen to Genesee Co Rd Comm. They hardly talked though. I wonder if they went to the MPSCS like the rest of the county. They did start grading my dirt street regularly when I emailed them complaining it was too bumpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.