DOC 800mhz vs DELWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
Good evening,

Is there a reason why DOC traffic is on the 800mhz system and DELWIN? There seems to be a lot of radio checks and occasional traffic from the smaller facilities on the 800mhz system, and 29200 on the Kent Simulcast has some traffic as well. Even though DELWIN is encrypted, it makes you wonder why it doesn't carry more traffic that's still on the 800mhz system.

Thanks,

Adam

shajen

Good evening,

Is there a reason why DOC traffic is on the 800mhz system and DELWIN? There seems to be a lot of radio checks and occasional traffic from the smaller facilities on the 800mhz system, and 29200 on the Kent Simulcast has some traffic as well. Even though DELWIN is encrypted, it makes you wonder why it doesn't carry more traffic that's still on the 800mhz system.

Thanks,

Adam
I thought all systems in Delaware were using 800mhz Smartzone . I live in Elkton and I can receive all the DOC, State Police. Hospitals. Newark De. Police, etc.,etc. They transmit and receive between 850.00 and 860.00mhz. And I believe one would be the control channel, and the other being the voice channel. New Castle County Police being fully encrypted. This is what I believe is the current system.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
DELWIN is mostly a interoperability overlay that is rarely used. Several DOC facilities have sites located adjacent to their property, and they *may* be using it as their primary system. But like CMARC in Maryland, underutilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.