DOD 380 MHz systems and scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I don't recall seeing this so, I'll ask. Currently, there are no 380 MHz trunked systems near hear, but I was in the DC area over the weekend which has a couple. Okay, weekend=limited usage, so I didn't expect to hear a lot.

However as I drove by Quantico, I was able to hear the CC, but nothing else. This was with my 396. The DB doesn't show any system tables needed (the lowest I can enter here anyway is 406).

I set the 396 as a MOTO UHF.

So question (actually two). Are there any secrets to programming either the Q1 the 396 or Q2 the PSR 500 to pick up these systems?

Many thanks.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
All of these 380 MHz DoD trunked systems so far are true P-25 trunked systems, so they should be programmed as P-25, not Motorola. And you should not need any tables.

The above applies to all the digital scanners capable of P-25 trunking, with the exception of the PRO-96 and PRO-2096. They have never been able to do 380 MHz trunking.

Good luck!

- Chris

jerk

Same here, the 380MHz system in my area is P25, so program the CC as P-25 and it should start and track just fine.

I would also do a search for more Control Channels, as in my small area there are three Control Channels in use. Site 101, 012, 103

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Scheisse, how soon one forgets to enter P25.

I did enter the different sites, one with all the channels the other with only the CC. Heard nothing on either.

I'll be back in the DC area this weekend, so I'll make the change and see what happens.

Many thanks.

jerk

Scheisse, how soon one forgets to enter P25.

I did enter the different sites, one with all the channels the other with only the CC. Heard nothing on either.

I'll be back in the DC area this weekend, so I'll make the change and see what happens.

Many thanks.
Been there, done that, probably will do it again. :D
Hope the next works well and you get lots traffic, a good sys id and WACN.

freqhopping

On my webpage I have 396 and 996 UASD system files for all the DC area 380mhz systems. A page based on the database here contains all the JNCR site info combined and is far easier to work with than what is in the DB. It also identifies the sites that talkgroups have been logged on.

nexus

They just added one here near me at Keesler AFB, Biloxi MS. 380.27500 MHz. Like everyone else said, program the CC freq into your scanner as P25. It should then display the site id and as long as you're in search mode any active talkgroups will be heard as they pop up..

Nothing heard here yet, its only been a couple of weeks since first discovered. GOOD LUCK ALL.

Status
Not open for further replies.