DOD 380mhz Trunked Systems in PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3bxv

I'm looking for any information on the DOD trunked systems that, according to several News Releases/Articles, are Operating at Carlisle Barracks and the Naval Activity in Mechanicsburg. I'm interested in knowing if they are part of the Joint National Capitol Region System active here in the DC area and if they are Motorola or M/a-Com systems. I was surprised to not see anything in the Database...

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
DOD trunked systems

The Naval Support Activity and the Carlisle Barracks systems are both Astro systems as far as I am aware. I took a short roadtrip to Cumberland County this afternoon. I picked up three control channels 385.0375, 387.3625, and 387.45. I took my laptop along and tried to run Unitrunker to gather some additional info on the system. I could not get Unitrunker to work with any of the three. I am going to post some questions about the problems I encountered in the decoder forum. Please let me know if you have any information on these systems.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
DOD 380 systems

Sure do! I tried a bunch of configurations. I know everything else was working because during the same period I was decoding the Lower Allen and Carlisle systems.

n3bxv

Sorry, Had to ask the obvious! If you have any luck, I would be interested in knowing the WACN id of the systems..

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
I am planning to try again this coming week. I just threw a tapped BC796D and my laptop in the car to use today. I will take some more equipment with me this time to try and experiment with. By the way does either mtrunker or T4Win support P25.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
I did some searching in the 380-395 band today. 387-390 were littered with P25 comms. On a side note my 996T was much better at decoding dx P25 than my 796D with the same antenna. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about the base and space of these systems and/or good methods of trying to determine them.

n3bxv

Pro96Com shows the DC area systems with a Base freq of 380.00, Spacing as 0.0125 and the Input Offset as 10.00

Status
Not open for further replies.