DOD agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if any monitors nationwide have ever monitored and confirmed recently any frequencies or surveillance activities
from either Army, Navy, Marine, or Air Force NCIS/OSI/CID? Does anyone have any 2021 frequency lists for them? Just curious.
I remember living in Tampa Bay back in the late 80's, and hearing Macdill AFB OSI doing a surveillance on 138.075, but I have never heard
any other activity since that time in various cities I've lived in.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
While I don't have the specific frequencies you are looking for, I have seen information that all of the investigative arms of the various military branches have some specific allocations in the 380 - 400 MHz band. Odds are P-25 and encryption, of course.

Near the Joint Base Lewis-McChord near Tacoma, WA, there have been some conventional, simplex channels heard off base in the 380 MHz band. Encryption made positive identification difficult.

The investigative offices are likely to have access to various base trunked systems as well.

I usually keep a search going of the 380 - 400 MHz range with known area military base trunked channels locked out looking for unusual activity...

- Chris

nd5y

Sheppard AFB also used the 138 MHz OSI freqeuncies back in the day. I don't know what they use now. About 5 or 6 years ago before the trunked systems changed there was a talkgroup on the old system that was either OSI or maybe LE training but so far I haven't found one on the "new" system.

ecps92

And the 137-144 / 148-150.7 do tend to have a few odd players pop up from time-time
especially when out of range of the base TRS.

I would assume that in addition to the potential 380-420 TRS [note some bases are VHF TRS] they likely
have some simplex or conventional channels in play for when the TRS is down or other uses

Always handy to have a radio or two in regular search mode

While I don't have the specific frequencies you are looking for, I have seen information that all of the investigative arms of the various military branches have some specific allocations in the 380 - 400 MHz band. Odds are P-25 and encryption, of course.

Near the Joint Base Lewis-McChord near Tacoma, WA, there have been some conventional, simplex channels heard off base in the 380 MHz band. Encryption made positive identification difficult.

The investigative offices are likely to have access to various base trunked systems as well.

I usually keep a search going of the 380 - 400 MHz range with known area military base trunked channels locked out looking for unusual activity...

- Chris

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Also to add to this mix, there are some specific 380 - 400 MHz allocations to nationwide (possibly world wide?) counter terrorism activities for all the military branches, including Coast Guard.

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.