DoD AP-1/B Air Refueling & Training Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have just updated my Dropbox folder to include the current version of the...

General Planning Manual
Flight Information Handbook
AP-1
AP-1/A
AP-1/B
All current charts for the training routes

The items are available for download from the following link:

Dropbox - Manuals - Simplify your life

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
N1GAW - Many thanks for taking the time to post up the files & documents, maps and charts as provided for the Mil-Air enthusiast on your DropBox. Nice work!

As discussed on our PM, and to all:

The best first document (example CONUS) to look at is the AP-1/B for the Training Routes.

Next, look at the companion Training Route Sector Charts to get a "visual overview" of a given route.

These documents, along with a current NOTAM ( PilotWeb: Home ) can help sort out what (if any) AR or Training routes (VR or IR) Routes have time-slots set up or that are active now on the NOTAM site.

You can also get a "near-real-time" visual using the FAA Special Use Airspace ( Special Use Airspace & Air Traffic Control Assigned Airspace ) site to show various AR Routes and MOA's that are "in-progress" or planned in the next few hours, etc...

Please note that a few radio frequencies are also embedded in some of the individual training route info pages on the AP-1/B as well...plugging in these and the more common BIGFOOT and HUNTRESS / NORAD Frequencies in a scanner can also sometimes (not always) be an additional source of info. Putting in common FAA Center Frequencies (Entry / Exit) are also very good as most cases Mil-Air will be mandated to advise ATC of plans to be "on-route" and per-NOTAM to de-conflict airspace.

Example of embedded Radio Freq's from IR-918 in the AP-1/B : (Chapter 2, page 178 or 2-178)
(4) ERC is not a 24 hr. facility. When ERC is open (generally
0900-1900 M-F, hours shift to cover the fighter flying
window) all aircraft will contact ERC on UHF primary 229.4,
secondary 244.55, or VHF 125.3.

Best to all and again thanks N1GAW for pulling this together.

Bill

Darkstar01

Was: N1RGR
I have just updated my Dropbox folder to include the current version of the...

General Planning Manual
Flight Information Handbook
AP-1
AP-1/A
AP-1/B
All current charts for the training routes

The items are available for download from the following link:

Dropbox - Manuals - Simplify your life

Wow, many thanks for posting the link N1GAW! Now its off to the plotter! ;)

vocoder

Thanks a million times and more!
The manuals & charts are much appreciated!
I always look forward to the updated ap and supplements.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Just updated AP-1A and AP-1B to the newest version released yesterday. Waiting/Hoping to find AP-1, AP-3 & AP-3A which also expired yesterday.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Despite three of the manuals being expired, and several more expiring later this month, there are no new updates available at this time. I'll do my best to check at the end of the month again for updates and add them to the link above.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
For those wanting to stay up to date, the updates for the manuals and charts have once again been added to my dropbox, older editions which were updated have been removed. Any manuals/charts not current were not available for download when I checked.

For those wishing to make sure they see when the manuals/charts are updated, I would suggest you go to the top right corner and select watch with email notification.

nd5y

Do you guys still have access to the current FLIP documents or were you getting them from the European web site that was "fixed" recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.