Dode County Sheriff New Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

43g70

I found that the Sheriff has a new repeater pair in Fremont(South in Saunders County).

Here is the license

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1288353

The license has a fixed transmitter for the Scribner repeater input at Fremont and a transmitter for the Fremont repeater input at Scribner.

What is your theory for new frequency and old one?

I guessing, if you talk on the repeater at the Scribner Airport, it will then key a transmitter to key up the one in Fremont and vice versa. This way they can get rid of the voter and 900 MHz links from North Bend and Fremont.

Apparently they are not hopping on the bus of 800 Mhz or trunking.

43g70

Last edited:

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
This would probably give them some better coverage, and perhaps free up the 900MHz pair for another use. It will be interesting to see how they solve the problem from having the repeaters bring themselves up and stay locked up. Different PLs or perhaps timing while listening to the input. If they do it correctly you shouldn't be able to hear the two squelch trails drop out then too.

twister19

they are lucky they dont have to go to 800 or be forced by the state to make the switch or join the douglas system.

SCPD

QRT
One of the repeaters could be "South" and the other "North" two separate channels.

Here is an idea for Dodge county get the fire on VHF since it don't look like the sheriff Dept is moving to UHF then they can talk to each other.

W0JJK

Why would you move your Rural Fire to VHF. They would are happy with UHF and what they have. Plus they would have to buy new pagers and radios.

Both Fire and Sheriff have low band in their units that could be used to talk to each other.

W0JJK

SCPD

QRT
ah yes low band. get out of the 1960s with this low band ****. That's the problem with this "great state":lol: of Nebraska you people are afraid of change. Not only losing your precious low band radios but change in general.

43g70

I kind of agree with you Nate but if you want to talk to the Rescue Squad to Cruiser and that is all they have. Then use it. It would be ideal to have the same radio band but how often do they work together to need those resources, not a lot.

When I travel through Dodge, I listen to the Rural Fire and Sheriff. I have never heard them tell the sheriff about a fire or rescue call. So it is a mute point if they rarely work together.

The "interop" solution is sometimes handing the deputy an extra uhf portable when you are using them as traffic control the few time it happens.

Do you want them to put an 800 system for all in the county and join the ORIN? They would then loose control of what they did. Even if it is right or wrong. I see Washington, OPPD and Douglas as passengers on a bus with one person driving that bus. What if they want to do something different than the rest, do they take all the systems over to that new level? Probably not. They would be the little guy and have no say in which way they went or their money was spent.

43g70

Last edited:

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
KG4WHM said:
ah yes low band. get out of the 1960s with this low band

Yeah the reason they're still on lowband...

• it works.
• it is paid for.
• everyone has it.

KG4WHM said:
That's the problem with this "great state":lol: of Nebraska you people are afraid of change. Not only losing your precious low band radios but change in general.

Look at some of the new licenses that have recently come out. They're not narrow band, or P25. This doesn't show or suggest change to me.

Kansas has a lot of state agencies who have been on 800MHz for a very long time and now they're going to a huge state-wide system. Why can't Nebraska? Seems like they keep coming up with excuses as to why, yet everyone around us is able to pull it off.

Look at the good example just last night alone I was able to hear while in Omaha. OPD and Bellevue PD had to work together clear up on 72nd and Mercy Rd in Omaha. Did they go to a common talk group? No. Sarpy County and Omaha PD dispatchers were calling each other back and forth. Eventually Bellevue PD 830 just walked up to the OPD officer and asked what they were doing at the incident and if they were clear on the information which led up to it. Where was the ORIN system then?

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
43g70 said:
The "interop" solution is sometimes handing the deputy an extra uhf portable when you are using them as traffic control the few time it happens.

That's right. When the big red trucks drive past and we're done, you can go back to Krispy Kreme.

43g70 said:
I see Washington, OPPD and Douglas as passengers on a bus

Short yellow bus with dark tinted windows.

43g70

Nate, that is right on. The SCAN board wasted millions of dollars on papers and studies. Not even a portable to show for it. Great plan to spend money.

It was about time when then Lt Governor became the Governor and took them out.

43g70

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Yeah it is even more funny when they're painted a really dark color blue too.

Attachments

• bus_b.jpg
    bus_b.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 177

twister19

My system of interop

KG4WHM said:
Take a look at this county. Everybody is on the same band VHF High and they can all talk to each other even the highway dept and local DPW.
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=3065
This is the system I grew up listening to.

Very nice. I wish we all could have that in every county. I do like the idea of the state choosing one band to go to, just they picked the wrong band. :(. Low band works, it might be old, but why change it? If every county was on a couple bands

(VHF-Police/Fire/Rescue)
(UHF-Fire Paging/Sirens/PublicWorks/MDC)
(800-City use only, {Lincoln, Omaha, Bellevue, etc.}, however they must use the same system ie., {LTR, EDACS, Motorolla SmartNet Type II Trunking})

then everyone would be on the same page. Until everything gets set up use lowband for mutual aid. This way would be so much easier to handle and if every county went like that they could simply "patch" their systems together during a mutual aid call.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
low band

twister19 said:
Low band works, it might be old

Low band is old? Huh? Its no older than any other freq in use today.

twister19 said:
however they must use the same system

What a scary thought. What vendor or trunking type would you be "forced" to go with then? If my county currently has Kenwood of EF Johnson why should I be made to switch to Motorola or a Type II trunking system if my LTR works just fine?

twister19 said:
use lowband for mutual aid.

39.98 Done!

twister19 said:
simply "patch" their systems together during a mutual aid call

Yes and no. While a patch would satisfy the immediate need to talk to another agency, it doesn't solve the problem. Look at when say Sarpy uses the helo TGID to patch 39.9. The signal comes from a base station some miles away even though the units talking maybe within feet of each other. This doesn't help interop when the remotes and base stations are miles away. I should be able to talk to anyone on the scene directly. No patches, no tielines, no special black boxes. A common freq is what is needed, if that so happens to be on low band then so be it. This was decided long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.