• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Dodge Caravan 2-way/Scanner Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinter06

I am looking to install my new Pro-197 and a future 2-way (still shopping) in a 2010 Grand Caravan. There are a couple snags.It is a company vehicle to transport patients. We try to maintain safety and keep contraband at a minimum. Would prefer no exposed wires or connections. It needs to be easily removable and as clean as possible or easy to return to factory state I am not made of money and haven't found a money tree yet so like to take in the house and remove at night if I so desire. .I have not come up with any good solutions. I would like to keep the use of the drink holders up front and the factory floor console. I looked into a replacement but decided against due to the $160 price tag. I will search the junk yards later. The antenna isn't important but the rig is. Any suggestions or pics of your install are greatly appreciated.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
How much do you intend to futch with the controls? Two places come to mind, although they are not the most user friendly. There is the glove box and the center console. The cables could be run to the glove box with no problem and to the console with only a small hole 1/2" to 3/4" to drill (I think there is a rubber mat at the bottom of the console that would hide a hole). As far as mounting, maybe some industrial velcro would keep them in place. I've done caravans where I did add a piece of flat stock to the inside of the console to which stuff could be mounted.

Sprinter06

How much do you intend to futch with the controls? Two places come to mind, although they are not the most user friendly. There is the glove box and the center console. The cables could be run to the glove box with no problem and to the console with only a small hole 1/2" to 3/4" to drill (I think there is a rubber mat at the bottom of the console that would hide a hole). As far as mounting, maybe some industrial velcro would keep them in place. I've done caravans where I did add a piece of flat stock to the inside of the console to which stuff could be mounted.

Would prefer a bit closer so I could access at least the volume. Also I run/monitor my home base area and then other cities or areas as I apporoach and drive thru for traffic etc. I think the velcro idea prob to be the solution for now. I leave it in the vehicle 99% of the time unless I want to program, make changes or continue to listen to something I heard on the way home. I can always make cable runs and such neat and tidy.

I havent figured out how to remove the drink holder under the radio. Might see if it would fit in there... perfect spot if it would!

Status
Not open for further replies.