• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Dodge charger police version

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonboy

I just buy a civilian model Charger and i would like to convert the gear shift to the Police versin on stering case so i can install me radio gear in the center consol,i was wondering if that posibble and the cost and who can do that.

from the technical standpoint,

Yes,,

youll have to find the parts at a salvage yard

OR

youll have to go through a dealership to order
the OEM column,the linkage wil have to be
retrofitted with all the appropriate hardware..

Possible,
Yes,
Cost,,unsure,parts,labor,,

will probably be cheaper And easier to just
remove the console and work around the OEM
shifter,

the best option,,In my own opinion,,

check for a local,and reputable stereo install
shop,,look for one that dose custom/show
installs.
this would probably be a project they would
undertake for the off beat nature,outside the norm
of amps,subs and head units..

keep us posted with pics if you follow through..

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
there are consoles made for standard chargers with the console shifter. It would be cheaper and easier than trying to make it work

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I just buy a civilian model Charger and i would like to convert the gear shift to the Police versin on stering case so i can install me radio gear in the center consol,i was wondering if that posibble and the cost and who can do that.

Do you have any idea what the differences ARE between a normal charger sold to the public,and a law enforcement dodge charger??? :roll: The gear shift is only a drop in the bucket!
n9zas

moonboy

Dodge charger

Yes i do know the deffrents,all i am trying to move the gear shift so i can install my radio gear in the center console like the police version i ahve so many of them and there is not enough room for it.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
It would be more hassle than its worth. Also it would void any warantees still left om the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.