Does ant one know

Status
Not open for further replies.

2lazy

does any one know about the richland county gong to a digital sim card in there radios ?i have a friend who works for the county and he said he heard something about county changing there radio any help would be apreciatd thanx

delta85

Talk groups IDs would change...

I have not heard anything about Richland County moving all of their communications to digital mode, which is what I assume that you mean. If they were to change to digital talk groups they would have to upgrade all of their radios to either XTS/XTL 1500, 2500, or 5000s as well as reprogram all of their radios to digital talk groups.....As a result, all of their talk group IDs would change.

If they don't already have digital capable radios, it would cost them a lot of money to move to digital mode. Moving to digital is the right thing to do and almost any new system, including the new Palmetto system upgrades (i.e. Charleston County), will be digital only networks.

If I hear anything, you all will be the first to know!

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
they might after rebanding, as we are going to have most of our radio's replaced anyway as they are not upgradeable after rebanding, so they might take the step to digital then, but i doubt it, for rcsd, leon lott has better things to do and no need for cfd to go digital, only cpd is and it'll probably be that way for a while....

Status
Not open for further replies.